Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 1:45:56 PM EDT

Dear Supporter,

The Legislative Session has ended

For the past three months, Maryland law has prohibited me from campaigning because the Legislature was in session. But it didn't stop my opponents Martin O'Malley and Doug Duncan. They have been working around the clock, raising money, making campaign appearances and personal attacks against me and my record. I urgently need past supporters like you to come forward and join my reelection effort right now.

There are only 211 days until the election on November 7th. I truly need your renewed support today by making a donation of $500, $250, $100 or $50 right now.                

We just finished a highly contentious legislative session that established Maryland's Liberal-led Legislature as the most partisan and petty in the country. The Wall Street Journal called them "the worst state legislature in America." While I was pushing for more college scholarships for our poorest kids, better pay for corrections officers, and tax credits for Maryland's retired veterans...

...The Liberal President of the Senate, Mike Miller and his Leadership were trying to pass legislation such as:
Establishing trust fund accounts for their pets,
Reinstating the voting privileges of 150,000 convicted felons,
Passing a law to allow early voting (in mostly heavily liberal polling places) five days before election, making it impossible to conduct a fair election,
Passing legislation to block the State takeover of eleven failing Baltimore City schools as required by Federal law.
But tonight I am moving on and concentrating on the future. I am proud of the tremendous progress we've made toward changing Maryland for the better.
We solved $4 billion in deficits and turned it into $2 billion in surpluses.
We stopped $7.5 billion in tax hikes proposed by the legislature.
We passed the historic Chesapeake Bay Restoration Act to cut pollution.
We passed the Healthy Air Act which will improve Maryland's air quality.
We expanded health care access to more than 79,000 additional Marylanders.
We nearly doubled need-based college scholarships.
We have toughened penalties on sex offenders, drunk drivers and witness intimidators.
We increased public school (K-12) funding by record amounts, more than $1.4 billion.
Your contribution is urgently needed so we can print bumper stickers, produce and air advertising to counter The Baltimore Sun and their biased media reporting, and to provide my campaign with the resources to staff our offices throughout the state.

I am proud of all that we have accomplished together and I look forward to working closely with you during the coming months as we battle to keep Maryland on the right track to a brighter, more prosperous and secure tomorrow.

Sincerely yours,

Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr.
Governor

P.S. I urgently need your renewed support. Please immediately send my campaign your 2006 contribution of $500, $250, $100 or $50 today. I have been forced to camp aign for three months without raising a single dollar, while Martin O'Malley and Doug Duncan have been raising millions to run against me! I need your help to level the playing field. Thank you in advance for your renewed commitment to my re-election on November 7th as Maryland's Governor.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
He needs to be re-elected.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never given money to any political party but Ehrlich is going to have my support soon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I can get behnd Erhlich more so than I can any other Republicans.  He seems like the real deal.  Besides, if MOM or Duncan get elected here, we are screwed beyond screwed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top