Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2005 2:41:13 PM EDT
Since the East Coast is getting hammered by hurricanes. I think Kaliforniastan is going to be due a massive earthquake. I know this would suck. But, people would pull chocks and move and make it cheaper to live here again. Anybody's thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:45:08 PM EDT
pray for the best, prepare for the worst....

meat
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:12:23 PM EDT
Earthquakes are fun. Same with Lightning Storms. I LOVE the natural 'phenomenas' that happen here. Sucks that they cause damage, but when they don't, I get giggly inside and enjoy every second of them.

Not sure why people from the east coast freak out about earthquakes but can stay perfectly calm when a tornado comes their way...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:07:05 PM EDT
yea.. the bubble burst....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:11:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NeoWeird:
Earthquakes are fun. Same with Lightning Storms. I LOVE the natural 'phenomenas' that happen here. Sucks that they cause damage, but when they don't, I get giggly inside and enjoy every second of them.

Not sure why people from the east coast freak out about earthquakes but can stay perfectly calm when a tornado comes their way...

So you mean to tell me that I’m not the only sick son of a bitch who wishes something big would happen, and upset the normalcy’s of our everyday lives? Something to break up the monotony?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:39:43 AM EDT
the days are numbered for a huge quake here in the prk
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:10:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By m98codered:
the days are numbered for a huge quake here in the prk

I've lived hee for 40 years, and have been hearing that for as long as I could remember. Its a pretty much BS statement.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:00:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By colossians323:
I've lived hee for 40 years, and have been hearing that for as long as I could remember. Its a pretty much BS statement.

Ditto here, but it's not all BS. We're due for a big quake, but the worst earthquake we are likely to see won't cause half the damage of a single hurricane.

Earthquakes (in California) cause more fear than damage.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:51:27 AM EDT
i'd much rather take my chances with an earthquake, than with a hurricane or tornado anyday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:51:53 AM EDT
Hell, put your emergency supply in a small cabin outside of your house. Even if it does collapse, you can still retrive them and they should be relative un-damaged.

With a hurricanes or tornado, you are SOL. You hide in basement or in your house and flood will drown you; you run to the open... how long can you take the beating from the hurricane is unknown, then again flood will drown you if there is one; or if it's a tornado you will be sucked into it and fly sky high, then go down to your death. At least with Earthquake, it will end in a minute tops, if you are still alive you will be out in the open; if a aftershock hits and your house collapse, you will be okay because you are not in there any more. Grab your emergency supply, set up a tent in your back yard then you are good to go for the next few days to couple weeks depend on supply leve. All civil service will resume in a relative fast time frame, so your SHTF planning does not have to last real long. It certainly will not be as bad as New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:53:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:07:36 PM EDT
+1 to everything
Top Top