Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:53:56 AM EDT
Is law enforcement still boycotting that restaurant or has everything been cleared up with that?  I thought the situation was resolved, but I'm not sure.  Let me know.  Thanks.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC it's still on.
Any company that won't fire an asshat manager like that will never get any of my money.
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What happened?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What happened?

I'll do my best to summarize.  I might have some details a bit mixed up, but you'll get the idea.  When the 2 officers who were killed at Sully police station were laid to rest, Fairfax police closed down Westfields boulevard, therefore making it impossible to get to the restaurant.  A manager there sent Fairfax PD a bill for approximately $10,000 to cover the cost of lost revenue because the road was blocked.  No other businesses in the area did such a thing, and in fact, most donated to the victim memorial funds.  Most people (especially LE) thought the selfish act of that manager was inexcusable and they wanted him fired.  Lots of angry letters were written to Texas Roadhouse corporate headquarters and the manager was, "severely disciplined", and corporate made a donation to the memorial funds.  The manager is still there.  
It's really unfortunate things happened this way, because it's a good restaurant and they support our right to open-carry in their establishment, which is unusual these days.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe it was not that the road was shut down during the funeral, but during the actual incident. Either way, the manager was a total asshat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
A summary of the incident appearing to contain the relevant information can be found at what I believe the internet's premier myth-buster site, Snopes.com.  As the commentary of the linked article describes, the Roadhouse manager's actions establish a benchmark for what not to do.  The manager's stance with respect to 2A rights -- something I presume based on higwayman's contribution, on the other hand, seems laudable to me.

Beyond a doubt, the manager earned the enmity of the Fairfax County PD.  That said, I sure wish the Fairfax County PD, and the rest of the Thin Blue Line, had expressed similarly their regret of the death, and support for the family, of Dr. Salvatore J. Culosi during his funeral.

I'm not trying to establish equivalency in any regard.  One incident was the result of psychotic rage, bordering on terrorism.  The other resulted from negligence during a high-risk apprehension.  But tragedy is tragedy.  And some of the stuff I've read from police circles (local and otherwise) concerning the Roadhouse manager's ass-hattery seems sanctimonious, following so closely on the heels of, and juxtaposed with, Dr. Culosi's tragic death ... and its consequences.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What happened?

Someone already summarized it, but here's the "whole" story:

www.snopes.com/politics/business/roadhouse.asp

_MaH
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
One incident was the result of psychotic rage, bordering on terrorism.  The other resulted from negligence during a high-risk apprehension.

No offense meant to any ARFCOM'r who wears the blue for Fairfax, but the deal w/ Dr. Culosi is just more ammunition
for my intense dislike for their leadership.

Their propensity to duck, cover and bury the truth under a purported veil of "It's still under investigation" and just
plain CTA (cover THEIR ass) maneuvering is old news to anybody who has been in the area long enough.

In Dr. Culosi's case, WTF is up with a SWAT team raiding a house because they think he might be moonlighting as a
bookie for sport bets? The man was an optometrist who worked out of a Wal-Mart front - not Rambo.... and gets
shot by a still unidentified officer who ignored one of the most basic of firearms handling rules. How is that a high
risk take-down?

But I shouldn't be surprised... this is the same department who, during the still-unsolved murder investigation for
my fiancee, asked me during my interview whether I thought that she would have committed suicide.
Sure she did - she shot herself multiple times in the back!

I better quit before I get my blood-pressure up too much.......
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One incident was the result of psychotic rage, bordering on terrorism.  The other resulted from negligence during a high-risk apprehension.

No offense meant to any ARFCOM'r who wears the blue for Fairfax, but the deal w/ Dr. Culosi is just more ammunition
for my intense dislike for their leadership.

Their propensity to duck, cover and bury the truth under a purported veil of "It's still under investigation" and just
plain CTA (cover THEIR ass) maneuvering is old news to anybody who has been in the area long enough.

In Dr. Culosi's case, WTF is up with a SWAT team raiding a house because they think he might be moonlighting as a
bookie for sport bets? The man was an optometrist who worked out of a Wal-Mart front - not Rambo.... and gets
shot by a still unidentified officer who ignored one of the most basic of firearms handling rules. How is that a high
risk take-down?

But I shouldn't be surprised... this is the same department who, during the still-unsolved murder investigation for
my fiancee
, asked me during my interview whether I thought that she would have committed suicide.
Sure she did - she shot herself multiple times in the back!

I better quit before I get my blood-pressure up too much.......

Jesus.........  I'm sorry man, I can't even begin to think how I would feel if I was in your shoes.  

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top