Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 11:12:54 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I finally broke down and completed my CHL requirements and sent in the docs.

Our instructor said that you can track your processing status on the web. I did my initial application via the web and have my ID number and PIN.

Now if I could just figure out where to use them ?? I've been all over the TX DPS site and just can't seem to find where you can use this info to track the processing of your license.

Does anyone out there know the URL ???

Thanks

Ed

P.S. Any idea on what the turn around time is these days ???
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't have the url you request, but i know in any event, the great state of tx waits until the very last instant possible before they send your chl out to you.  in other words, if the statute states you'll have it in 90 days, you'll get it on the 88th or 89th day.  really.  renewals are better, but still at least 30-45 are required.  that's the way it's worked the last 3 times i've renewed mine.  good luck.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the link:
www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdps/chl/common/jsp/selectTask.jsp

Top section (Concealed Handgun License), the option on the right (Track the Status of your Application).

Only thing I don't like about it is you have to enter your SSN.  Child support enforcement...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top