Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:17:46 AM EDT
Just curious if anyone has ever tried shooting oxygen-acetylene balloons with tracers before?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just curious if anyone has ever tried shooting oxygen-acetylene balloons with tracers before?  

Yes but not with tracers. Just one night at the camp in the marsh we filled a bunch up and shot with our pistols.

Hellium works good as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes but not with tracers. Just one night at the camp in the marsh we filled a bunch up and shot with our pistols.

I believe he is wanting a big bang/fire ball. Helium is non flamable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe he is wanting a big bang/fire ball. Helium is non flamable.

Oh i see      

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, oxy-acetlyene balloons definitely go bang [more so than helium ], I just don't know how well tracers would work as an ignition source.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope your planning to try this at ASC tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good call

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I am pretty sure that they are not tracer friendly out there.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no substitution for tannerite !  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

.......watch your fire bans....tracers can be nasty.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.......watch your fire bans....tracers can be nasty.

There is no fire bans in Harris as far as I know right now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Be careful transporting balloons filled with acetylene.  I have seen pics of a truck that was loaded with several of these filled balloons to take to a party that had ignighted from static electricity from rubbing together.  It blew the whole cab apart and looked like a peeled back sardine can.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Be careful transporting balloons filled with acetylene.  I have seen pics of a truck that was loaded with several of these filled balloons to take to a party that had ignighted from static electricity from rubbing together.  It blew the whole cab apart and looked like a peeled back sardine can.

DO NOT fuck around with acetylene PLEASE.   A good friend of mine almost DIED in highschool from playing with that stuff. Static electricity lit him up, when he reached over to cut the valve off on the bottle.. Blew his pants clean off of him, except for the seams where the material is doubled up.

DONT DO IT............
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Anybody that would transport filled balloons in a motor vehicle has both Darwin and Murphy as co-pilots.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Received this email... reminds me of "Hey y'all, watch this!"

It's good to be from Kansas! A kid in Lindsborg, KS had filled several balloons with acetylene and was shooting them with roman candles. We heard them go off about every 30 minutes or so. Then during the Lindsborg fireworks display at the college we heard the ambulances racing over towards my house.

On the way home we saw all of the firemen & police at a house behind Viking Motorcycle company. I guess he had about 3 or 4 balloons left in the backseat of the truck, and when he reached in to pull one of them out he slid it just enough to cause static & BOOOOOOM!!!!!! He spent a little time in ICU in Wichita, but is at home now. He blew out both eardrums, had to have a lot of shards of glass pulled from his torso, face, & eyeballs. His nephew was either in the truck or close enough by that it blew part of his face off & required 30 some stitches to get it back.

You can see the damage to the truck, but the garage it was by was moved partly off of its foundation, and the people sitting in their lawn chairs watching this activity were jolted several feet backwards out of their chairs. Why he is still alive I don't know.

You probably will say that was freakin' stupid, but think back on how many times you've done stupid things & lived to tell about it. I hear he is doing as good as can be expected. I hope maybe he learned a lesson.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top