Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:32:40 AM EDT
This show is off the hook. It has become a big flea market and pawn shop. Now,to me it is worth the $6 to get in because look at the entertainment you get for your money. Let me share one story from saturday. I was walking around with a 1187 Rem. 20 ga. with a butt load of chokes to sell or trade. Gun is 95% easy. Lots of lookers, no takers. I come to a table, I won't say who's, WTF yes I will it was Daves guns. Looking at a 9mm to maybe trade into, he grabs my 1187and says, "i'll give you $125 for it" WHAT? Yea he says, Shotguns don't sell in Colorado. You need to take something like your 1187 to Nebraska where they bird hunt. Let me say I might not be allowed in Daves again because I tried to let him know he was full of sh@#. Oh well, thanks for letting me rant. I did buy a nice Smith, Not from Daves.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeh, the Tanner show is now un-officially known as "The Garage Sale" (with guns). horse.gif
Not on my list of "to dos" .

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Craptacular dealings with Dave's guns?!?! Say it ain't so!

(Any semblance the above comment has to sarcasm is purely intentional)
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been to one gun show and evokes only one response...

long live the internet...
hail to the king.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to go to a decent fun show in the six plus years I've been in Colorado.  If you're in the market for Beanie Babies, jerky, jewelry, puppies, T-shirts, etc..... you are in luck.  If you actually want to purchase firearms, you're out of luck in this state.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#5]
The Crossroads of the West show is probably about as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
+1

Quoted:
I refuse to go to gun shows anymore.  Between the high prices, the dishonest dealers and all the CRAP they sell, there is just no reason.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm usually of the same opinion.  I like to go and just "browse".   As stated the prices are usually  ridiculous. You can go to Sportsman's Warehouse and get it cheaper....

Well, this time I actually found a couple decent deals.  Dave's Guns actually had a Glock G21 brand new for 510.00. Good price.

I bought the next one  I got a G35 for 550.00.  While thats right in line with what I've seen on the internet as far as good prices.  I figured I didn't have to find and pay an FFL plus shipping.  So, I actually got a good deal IMO.  

But this is a total first.  Usually, everything is waaay to pricey.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I am of the opinion that many of the "dealers" at CO gun shows are collectors looking for a score.  Either someone willing or stupid to sell for next to nothing or the person willing to pay what they are asking.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top