Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:51:53 AM EDT
Arab Photographer Fadel Shana in Gaza.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_A4sszLq3br8/SAd7KW1BqeI/AAAAAAAAAuE/CboUSDiyTCw/s320/arabphotographer.jpg

How he did it: Pointed his shoulder held video camera at an IDF tank while standing in the middle of a group of terrorists...
Watch how it happened!

Original Story
DoubleTapper
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Big ass cameras probably look alot like missle launchers from the next hilltop
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
That was cool as hell.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
A Hamas propagandist gets killed?  Led me shed a tear.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
Awesome.Yea, wow...my thoughts exactly.  That was crazy how you could see the shell coming, guess that wasn't the smartest idea that guy ever had.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Arab Photographer Fadel Shana in Gaza.

Hey, it's an honest mistake in the fog of war.

Hope the tank crew doesn't feel too bad about it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
DUDE...........YOU CAN PAUSE IT RIGHT AT THE END AND CATCH THE ROUND INCOMMING...
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw it coming in without slowing it down/pausing it.  Anyone else?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:59:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, never was a bee-bee stacker. But could some explain what I saw in the last split second. What was that cloud of dust? Was that a timed fuse on the shell? Or did I miss seeing it hit something and explode right in front of the camera man?

Thanks

Max
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:56:29 AM EDT
[#10]
That was the artillery round exploding slightly before it reached its target.  It was filled with flachettes, apparently.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok, never was a bee-bee stacker. But could some explain what I saw in the last split second. What was that cloud of dust? Was that a timed fuse on the shell? Or did I miss seeing it hit something and explode right in front of the camera man?

Thanks

Max

my guess would be a timed fuse
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks gents. Not very familiar with the different types of shells used in tanks. Am familiar with both timed fuses and know of fletchets. But didn't know the different types of delivery platforms. Suppose that would be one mean way to take out personal for a short distance and yet not do much harm to buildings. Very tactical use of fletchets.

Learn something new every day here on AR15

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top