Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 2:21:24 PM EDT
Who's going?????
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there when the doors open.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Our pal Eddy is picking me up about 0845hrs....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Hope to see you guys there.  Just going for an ammo run...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish you all didn't live so far away.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey!

I had a great show and did VERY well in the sales department. Thanks to several ARF.comers that stopped by to say hello. I won't mention any names as they were eyeing the Mil-Surp Olympic with awe. Maybe it was my great price?

Saw Campster too.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey!

I had a great show and did VERY well in the sales department. Thanks to several ARF.comers that stopped by to say hello. I won't mention any names as they were eyeing the Mil-Surp Olympic with awe. Maybe it was my great price?

Saw Campster too.

Bob

Good to finally put a face to the name. You definitely had some nice rifles on your table and good prices on ammo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m very discouraged and pissed off about the summit county show. I’m 20 years old, own several guns, including a AR15. I live in Holmes county, so I drove a hour to the show, and paid my dollar to park. Get inside to pay the $5.00 entrance fee, and they tell me that if I’m not 21 I can not enter. I must be with a parent! (so now the legal age of an adult is 21? And I still am a juvenile that has to be with a parent?)

WTF???

I’ve been there before last year in November when I bought my AR15 from BBC Weapons Armory (Frank and Karen Byrne) and had no problems getting in. I do not see any explanation to the 21 rule. I understand the laws, and you can buy a rifle or knife at 18, so what is the deal here? What are they now serving alcohol at the event? (I think not).

I’ve served in the U.S. Army for a short period and I think this is ridiculous, I can go die for this country and use weapons worse then at the show, but can’t attend one? I’d seriously like to know what in the hell is their problem? I see others my age walking around in the shows and buying guns that they legally have the right to do. At that point I was a paying customer looking to make a buy,… I’ll take my business somewhere else!

Is this just summit county or what? I don’t see an excuse.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear about your experiences. It looks like the 21YO age policy is one that is set by Dick Walters for the shows he puts on (Summit, Niles, Berea, etc). If you look at his page, it does say "MUST BE 21 OR ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT TO BE ADMITTED TO THE SHOW." However, the shows put on by Conrad & Dowdell (Medina) only require that the person be over 18: "Please remember you must be 18 years old or with an adult."

Your best bet is to try to contact the people that run the Dick Walters' shows and see if you can get the policy changed (point on that Medina allows people 18YO and up to enter and that there has been no problems with that policy). There's contact information on the first website that I linked.

BTW, thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Dick walters had the shit sued out of him a few years ago over an 18 year old and a firearm that was used in a crime.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I was a bit disappointed.  I was hoping to find a new no-ban Bushmaster.  I guess there was none to be had.  I found a few DPMS's but really had my sights set on the BM.

What was the outcome of the suit against Dick Walters mentioned above?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Guess who has the internet back??!!??!!??!!!!!!!!!!!??

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Would that be you or mmsig229 (who had his cable line cut by workers in his yard on Thursday)?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be you or mmsig229 (who had his cable line cut by workers in his yard on Thursday)?

mmsig229 had his cable cut. I wonder when he's gonna get it back. It's been 3 days now.

Welcome back to the internet Gary
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
That's great Gary!!!!I guess you'll be picking up the tab next time???????I just got my cable, high speed internet back this afternoon. I was getting tired of watching DVD's with Lucky...Now we just need to get Rick from Akron internet savvy and registered here.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
When is the next Medina show? I usually kind of lose track of the shows in summer and start going to them again in the fall and winter. I'm looking for a place to buy a RRA lower within an hour's drive of the Akron area.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#19]
www.ohiogunshows.com....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
When is the next Medina show? I usually kind of lose track of the shows in summer and start going to them again in the fall and winter. I'm looking for a place to buy a RRA lower within an hour's drive of the Akron area.
Finnbear

The next Medina show is this next weekend, October 9 and 10.

Is anyone planning on going?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The next Medina show is this next weekend, October 9 and 10.

Is anyone planning on going?

I imagine that show will be a bit thin as most of the larger vendors will be at Knob Creek. But you never really know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#22]
i'll be going. P.S. back to work on 10-11. see you at one or the other.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be at Medina (live in Brunswick). I was at Summit on Sunday with a buddy of mine. It was his first gunshow :)

I was trying to sell my 92FS Brig so I'm sure one of you guys probably saw me. Didn't sell it at the show but found a buyer on Monday. Proceeds are going to buy me my new Bushy M4A3 if they ever get around to building it!

Sure I'll see some of you @ Medina on Sat!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top