Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 4:54:40 PM EDT
Man shoots, kills self

at GB gun range

A 34-year-old man shot and killed himself Monday afternoon at a Glen Burnie shooting range, county police said.

Officers later found Todd Discenza of Edgewater had left a suicide note in his vehicle outside Select Fire, 115 Holsum Way. He shot himself with a .22-caliber handgun.

An off-duty General Services Police officer told county police he was shooting at the range just before 2:30 p.m. when he heard a "popping" and saw the man next to him collapse to the floor.

The off-duty officer and a doctor who was nearby performed CPR on Mr. Discenza, but could not revive him.

Police said employees at the range told them Mr. Discenza had never come in before, although he told them "this wasn't the first time for him shooting a gun".

2nd story LINKY

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
DAMN!

I was just there about 2 weeks ago doing some MP5 and Thompson rental shooting!  CRIPES!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
yikes...     I haven't been in there in a long while but damn.  Isn't that the local range with the cameras on each point.  Would be an interesting angle on their case.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
A .22?  At least they don't have to clean up the mess that a .44 would have made.

Can't people just kill themselves in their own home?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yikes...     I haven't been in there in a long while but damn.  Isn't that the local range with the cameras on each point.  Would be an interesting angle on their case.  

Yup, they got the cameras.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats not the first time thats happened there.  It happened once before about 5 or 6 years ago.  Thats what I know.  There may be more times also.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Great, so how long until the anti's make a claim to abolish all ranges?  As if they like them being around now.  Stupid people screwing it up for the rest of us.  Just like that kid in the back of the classroom that screwed things up for the whole class in school.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Great, so how long until the anti's make a claim to abolish all ranges?  As if they like them being around now.  Stupid people screwing it up for the rest of us.  Just like that kid in the back of the classroom that screwed things up for the whole class in school.

I dont think the anti's will abolish them because they are probably the ones committing suicide.  Remember, the guy doesnt own a gun, thats why he's renting it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]

One of the ranges in my area will not rent you a pistol unless you bring one with you. They had this same thing happen a few years ago.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Not unusual for the area.
We were talking at Barts last week about this one.
The bullet entered behind the right ear and could be seen in the left eye area. (forget exactly where).

Had a man wanting to buy a break action shot gun and ammo for deer hunting.
We didn't have the shotgun so he buys the ammo and goes accross the street to Monkey Wards.
Takes a round out of the box and loades it into a short barreled shotgun and pulls the trigger.

Another lady get her 357 revolver and goes in the Wards dressing room and loads the gun.

I think they had a suicide last year at On Target?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I'd hate to work there, always wondering if someone's gonna do that.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Well if you work in the firearms industry, you have to expect it to happen soon or later.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
A whole through the head and they were trying to revive him... sounds more like they used it as an excuse to rifle his pockets.

Sounds more like BG Firing Range slips a sheet of carbon paper under the waiver "contract" with a notepad of prewritten suicide notes in case the backstop flings a round through someone's brain housing group.

Ok... that was just wrong... poor guy. Did he have a name... I'd like to find out if the family will be selling his gun collection at a good price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
A whole through the head and they were trying to revive him... sounds more like they used it as an excuse to rifle his pockets.

Sounds more like BG Firing Range slips a sheet of carbon paper under the waiver "contract" with a notepad of prewritten suicide notes in case the backstop flings a round through someone's brain housing group.

Ok... that was just wrong... poor guy. Did he have a name... I'd like to find out if the family will be selling his gun collection at a good price.

Not going to happen.  Family will sue the makers claiming their product was marketed to people with suicidal tendencies.  For the safety of the populace contemplating a way to end their lives they strive to have all firearms destroyed.  

It’s for the children.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe it was a rental gun.
He may not have been allowed any guns??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top