Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 1:02:02 PM EDT
Did you all know that you can only use one toll tag in the car it was signed up for?  BOY I sure didn't.  It might have been on that little pamphlet that I got when I signed up for the toll tag (of course I threw that away when I got home without reading it).  

What chaps my ass is that they decided to wait a WHOLE YEAR before telling me.  I just got a letter in the mail today with about 10 infractions ($300 bucks worth) which dated back as far as 2004.

I read that they allow waivers if you are a non-costumer and you purchase a toll tag or if you have incorrect info on your account.  Hopefully they'll let me get another toll tag and waive off the fines.  

DAMN... well its time for me to go exchange my sisters Christmas present for something a little cheaper.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
call em... they will take it off
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
RTFM
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
call em... they will take it off

Yeah just tell them you got an new car and they will correct your info and wave the fine over the phone. Happened to me a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck em.  I fucking hate NTTA - and they will never see another dime of my money.

I had a tolltag - they had a problem, and the first letter of correspondence I got was a big old "fuck you" making me out to be some kind of criminal.  I told them they could take their fines and shove them up their fucking ass.  That was 5 years ago, and they lost $40 a month I was spending in tolls.  I just deal with a slower drive to work now.  They need to understand the meaning of customer service - I am a fucking customer and they need to treat me like one if they want me to fucking pay them to drive on their fucking bullshit overpriced roads.

Fuck them, and the horse they road in on.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
 My wife and I have been swapping my trolltag back and forth between our vehicles for years now.  Haven't had any problems except when I changed credit cards I had to give them info on my new truck...from a 1994 to a 2002, same model and color and the NTTA clerk's mind was blown.

mm
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 My wife and I have been swapping my trolltag back and forth between our vehicles for years now.  Haven't had any problems except when I changed credit cards I had to give them info on my new truck...from a 1994 to a 2002, same model and color and the NTTA clerk's mind was blown.

mm

don't be surprised when you get a fine in the mail for like a few thousand dollars.  geeze why didn't they just tell me about the fine after the first incident?  they waited a WHOLE YEAR  i would have just paid the fine if it was just a one time fee (25 bucks).  now its 300 which is total BS
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Which exits do you use?

I know the exit ramp to Coit on the westbound side will almost never read your tolltag.  The eastbound preston toll plaza leftmost tolltag lane misses most vehicles, all the toll plaza tolltag lanes on the North tollway miss lots of cars, maybe because they're so bunched together on that road.

mm
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
think that is bad?
try driving in NJ - The Toll Booth State
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife and I both switch ours to different cars. We log on to their website and punch in whichever vehicle's license plate we're going to drive. Never had a problem doing that. Pretty shitty they sent you a bill like that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#10]
The same thing happened to us about a month ago. I was using another family member's vehicle to go from 190 in Carrollton to the Beltline exit on 161 a few times. I just used the tolltag from my truck. The owner of the vehicle I was driving got a violation notice with about $180 in fines.

We ended up calling NTTA and they dropped the fines.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#11]
YESSS  I called them and managed to get them to waive the fines.  I also ended up getting another toll tag for the truck.

Hopefully my sister doesn't find out I already exchanged her gift.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fuck em.  I fucking hate NTTA - and they will never see another dime of my money.

I had a tolltag - they had a problem, and the first letter of correspondence I got was a big old "fuck you" making me out to be some kind of criminal.  I told them they could take their fines and shove them up their fucking ass.  That was 5 years ago, and they lost $40 a month I was spending in tolls.  I just deal with a slower drive to work now.  They need to understand the meaning of customer service - I am a fucking customer and they need to treat me like one if they want me to fucking pay them to drive on their fucking bullshit overpriced roads.

Fuck them, and the horse they road in on.

You will be assimilated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a similar thing happen to me:  got a notice for a car I'd sold a month before... and the notice had dozens of "incidents" over the course of a year... several from AFTER when I sold it, and I had a TOLLTAG the entire time I owned it....

Here's the thing:
When they do not see a tolltag (it happens sometimes even when there IS a tolltag), they snap a pic of your license plate... If your plate number is in the tolltag DB, they assess you the toll to your tag (and you never hear about it).  If not, after some time, they search the TxDOT DBs for your owner info and send out the notice.  MY deal was that the state issued me new tags about 18 months before that.  I never thought to go update my tag info on the NTTA website.

So, I emailed them and explained I didnt mind paying tolls from when I owned it, and wish they'd have notified me sooner.  They said to change the license plate in their website, they'd assess the tolls for the period I owned it, and I faxed them my bill-of-sale ... to let them pursue the new owner if they wished.

Anyway, get more tolltags than you need and keep all your vehicles' tag #s uptodate in the ntta website.  Then, you can switch cards around all you want (I know cuz I do it).  Where you'll get "busted" is if a tolltag doesnt "read" in a vehicle thats not in their tolltag DB.

Call 'em, or email 'em and explain... calmly... they'll probably work with you.

What *I* hate about NTTA is that on Dallas North Tollway in the evenings.... the tolltag lanes are slower than the Exact Change lanes.  I just go thru them and rejoin the main lanes... leaving the dorks that panicked to cross the white line to get into the TollTag Only lanes a mile or more behind.  The design of these roads is horrible.

Oh, and the Bush... all the money they spent on landscaping... I was skeptical... but now, I can honestly say  "I like the Bush well groomed and kept".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top