Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:26:01 AM EDT
I have to be in Winchester on business late this week. I don't have a lot of time, but if anyone can recommend any decent restaurants, gun shops, museums or bookstores (the more sci fi the better), I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#1]
if you don't mind the drive, the Uvdar Hazy extension of the air and space museum is pretty cool. It is about an hour from you in Chantilly.

Udvar-Hazy

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Stonewall arms is a good shop. VA pistol in front royal is not that far away.
There is also a gander mountian in town.

Brewbakers and union jacks for food.

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Picadillys has good food and a decent bar.

Stonewall arms is good.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Stonewall Arms and VA Pistol already mentioned for gun shops. There's also Shenandoah Sporting Goods in Toms Brook. You can sometimes find good stuff there. Peacemaker National up in Gerradstown, WV has some stuff too. Mostly FN and Colt, might be all they carry.

The Air and Space Museum mentioned is awesome if you don't mind the drive. If you do this, might as well check out Virginia Arms in Manassas and the NRA Museum in Fairfax.

As for food, Brewbakers is awesome. But I'd also recommend Roma's in Stephens City if you're in the mood for Greek or Italian.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Valley Guns II just 15 minutes north in WV. Great guys !
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell since you guys are crossing the state line...Tango Down Range in hedgesville is a blast! Tannermans in Martinsburg has some good guys there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Valley Guns II just 15 minutes north in WV. Great guys !

+1 For those guys.

There's the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley which is okay.. For food check out the Bonnie Blue and the Union Jack Union Jack has a pretty huge beer list, and Bonnie Blue probably has the best food in town. There's also Thai Winchester if you like Thai food.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1 For those guys.

There's the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley which is okay.. For food check out the Bonnie Blue and the Union Jack Union Jack has a pretty huge beer list, and Bonnie Blue probably has the best food in town. There's also Thai Winchester if you like Thai food.
View Quote

Another vote for Bonnie Blue. We went there for dinner tonight and it was awesome. Met and talked with one of the owners while we were there, real nice guy. We'll definitely be back.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a used bokstore on Valley Ave, Blue Plate Books, a lot of inventory. Also 4 Color Fantasy on Weems Ln is a really neat old school comic shop, great $1 bin and extensive back catalog.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Go up right up rt 11 into WV about 15 minutes away. Plenty of places to eat but have awesome waitresses. Just make sure you bring plenty of ones.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Another vote for Bonnie Blue. We went there for dinner tonight and it was awesome. Met and talked with one of the owners while we were there, real nice guy. We'll definitely be back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 For those guys.

I ate there twice while I was in town.  Some of the best pulled pork I've ever had.

I also got to check out Stonewall Arms and Valley Guns II while I was in the area.  I just bought a few odds and ends, but they were both really nice shops.

Thanks again to everyone for the tips!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad you enjoy your stay.

Come back now ya' hear.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]
The Italian Touch has the best steak & cheese in the Valley.  Cork Street Tavern is nice.  The museum of the Shenandoah Valley is worth the time.

If you have time for a hike drive 20 minutes east on Rt. 7 past Berryville, cross the Shenandoah and go to the top of the mountain.  At Route 601 hang a right and check out Bears Den about a mile in on the right, awesome views.  When you are done keep driving south on 601 and drive by Mount Weather. Put your feet in the Shenandoah on the way back, and drink a sweet tea.  Welcome to the Valley, I hope you enjoy yourself.  If you do decide to check out the Mountain, go to the horse shoe restaurant on the other side of 7 on 601; don't be put off by the exterior, it is a fun place.  Tell the owner Jim Wink that Bud sent you.

BTW if you are free one evening, I'd gladly buy you a beer (I'm in Berryville).
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I hear the Apple Blossom Mall is real nice! (Ducking and running for cover.)
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Too funny!

Quoted:
I hear the Apple Blossom Mall is real nice! (Ducking and running for cover.)
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell since you guys are crossing the state line...Tango Down Range in hedgesville is a blast! Tannermans in Martinsburg has some good guys there.
View Quote

also, since you are crossing the state line, you can meet me. Im told im awesome and kind of a big deal

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Bunkers in Leesburg if you like to drink and listen to live music.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top