Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 2:33:28 PM EDT
Everyone in Chickasha knows it judging from the crowds at the grocery stores.

Got a little extra gas for the genny just in case!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I'll believe it when I see it.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
i just hope we dont get another ice storm like last year. the people in Altus started to get stupid after about the 4th day without power.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll believe it when I see it.  

You have a civic duty to panic with the rest of us in order to stimulate the economy!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
it gets bad enough for the schools to close my employer closes and I get admin time.

but it's reminds me, I need to check how much propane I have
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Na, I say no more then a trace to an 2 inchs in OKC
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Na, I say no more then a trace to an 2 inchs in OKC

LOL
boy are you in for a surprise!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe just 2 inches of black ice is all we'll catch.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Went from 6.7in  to  11in this morning ,could see up to 15in when it`s all over and we still have another month to go.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Bring it on, I have a blow torch, some sand, and a coal shovel ready......that should be enough to scare the storm away
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yoour missing an advacodo    
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i just hope we dont get another ice storm like last year. the people in Altus started to get stupid after about the 4th day without power.

yup. my neighbor had a generator, i had a gun.
alliances were made.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Weather report is as follows for OKC:
Detailed Local Forecast
* Today: Cloudy. High around 40F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
* Tonight: Windy...with freezing rain early, then changing to a wintry mix overnight. Low 13F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
* Tomorrow: Windy. Snow during the morning will transition to snow showers during the afternoon. High 14F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. 6 to 10 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
* Tomorrow night: Cloudy and windy. Scattered snow showers early. Very cold. Wind chills may approach -15F. Low 3F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
* Wednesday: Windy with clouds. Highs in the mid teens and lows in the low single digits.
* Thursday: Sunshine. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the low teens.
* Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the low teens.

Pay attention to the wind speeds. If we do get ice, there is going to be massive power outages.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

alliances were made.

My goal for today is to befriend someone with a generator.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I have one.  I'll be your friend.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]
You're a little far away for me to get to with ice everywhere.  After my little sister wrecked her truck a few weeks ago I've got the last pickup in the family and need to be careful with it.  If the ice does get bad here I'll be walking anywhere I go.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Closings.

Chickasha has already called off school.

Congrats Higgi!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Closings.

Chickasha has already called off school.

Congrats Higgi!!!

I'll think about you brothers while I am sleeping in.  Wanna hear some shit?  The district paid for my wife and several other teachers to go to Florida for some Math and Language Arts conferences.  So while I am here freezing my nards off, she'll be soaking up some sun and attending conference sessions in the orange juice state.  She called this morning and said it was 70 fuckin' degrees and gonna be a beautiful day there.  DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

alliances were made.

My goal for today is to befriend someone with a generator.  

higgimw  [Team Member]1/31/2011 1:06:10 PM CST
I have one. I'll be your friend.

-cue the banjo's

that reply has surprise buttsex written all over it

uncue the banjo's-

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Business as usual down here in Idabel. Just going to be cold Wednesday and Thursday.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Just heard we are out too.  I think it will be a sleep late day, get up about 7, clean some guns, assemble a FAL lower, wipe the knives down, sharpen any knives that need it, and whatever else comes to mind.  I do have the snuff and beer situation covered
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just heard we are out too.  I think it will be a sleep late day, get up about 7, clean some guns, assemble a FAL lower, wipe the knives down, sharpen any knives that need it, and whatever else comes to mind.  I do have the snuff and beer situation covered

Sure wish I had a lower to assemble.  I am 6 fuckin' weeks into a group buy over on Boomershooter.com.  I should have just went to Cold Hand and bought the fuckin' thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn.... double tap.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure wish I had a lower to assemble.  I am 6 fuckin' weeks into a group buy over on Boomershooter.com.  I should have just went to Cold Hand and bought the fuckin' thing.

They closed the shop tomorrow ,do need to work on that AK a little and I moved to a new apt,need to unpack ,need to build a reloading table
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Just heard the salt/sand trucks are out...starting with bridges/overpasses first I think.

Glad I have a frige full of beer!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, that is a long time.  Was it a pay up front deal?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow they closed RSU and are calling the schools by counties.... they say I could get as much as 20" - Glad the pantry is full and the ammo is close.  The neighbor has a genny but doesn't know how to hook it up... I'll help him by hooking it up to my house and letting him stay over........ - Bring the storm on.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wow they closed RSU and are calling the schools by counties.... they say I could get as much as 20" - Glad the pantry is full and the ammo is close. The neighbor has a genny but doesn't know how to hook it up... I'll help him by hooking it up to my house and letting him stay over........ - Bring the storm on.

Sleeting in Edmond now.
That is good.
Expecting boarders?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Nothing to report in the Bartlesville area, except for gusty bone chilling wind, but looking at the radar, its close!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#30]
My wife had people flying in from New Mexico to discuss a pipeline deal. She was told to bring clothing and be prepared to stay downtown for a couple of days if the weather got bad while the discussions and negotiations were going on.
Well, flights from Dallas to OKC from yesterday afternoon on were canceled by Southwest Airlines.
So her people didn't come in and she came home last night. This morning her company called and all workers were told to stay home.
I've never heard of an airline canceling flights  a day or so PRIOR to bad weather hitting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  65.00 sounded like hell of a deal.  I could have added 20.00 and got one way sooner.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  65.00 sounded like hell of a deal.  I could have added 20.00 and got one way sooner.

I blame you for this. You came over here pimping that group buy. I do hope this one doesn't end up like that mess over on the other board a couple of years ago. I was into 2 lowers on that goat rope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top