Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:42:41 PM EDT
Hope and change we can all appreciate... one way or another.

Don't know if I should laugh or be mad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Government "help" at it's unflexible finest.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that's a change I CAN believe in.  YES I CAN!!!

My BIL (w/ 4 degrees from GA Tech) is on unemloyment and collecting bennies from AZ. He's receiving food stamps from GA, and I think he's living in SC now looking for work.  How's that for some shiite?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
bout damn time, nothing like being in line behind some douche with them paying for all of their food with stamps peach card, then buying their beer and cigarettes with their other money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
bout damn time, nothing like being in line behind some douche with them paying for all of their food with stamps peach card, then buying their beer and cigarettes with their other money.

You have no idea.  I worked in a grocery store for two years before college.  We CONSTANTLY caught people buying baby formula/milk/bread/etc with their WIC checks and Peach cards and then coming back a day later to return it without a receipt so they could then purchase lotto/tobacco/alcohol.  

One woman was "smart" and went to different stores to return/buy.   She came in one day and returned $160 worth of infant formula.  We got her on tape and turned her in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One woman was "smart" and went to different stores to return/buy.   She came in one day and returned $160 worth of infant formula.  We got her on tape and turned her in.

And for this, I salute you and your place of employment.  Bravo!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea.  I worked in a grocery store for two years before college.  We CONSTANTLY caught people buying baby formula/milk/bread/etc with their WIC checks and Peach cards and then coming back a day later to return it without a receipt so they could then purchase lotto/tobacco/alcohol.  

Huh. You know, I was just wondering the other day why the shelves behind the lotto/customer service counter were full of formula... unfortunately, now I know.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#7]
if they wanted to reform the system, doing these things would be a felony with 30 days hard labor as first offense.  You could pay for a special squad to enforce it with all the money you would save from the leeches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top