Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2005 2:04:28 PM EDT
Well I have no photos of cars or airpalnes being shot but I do have some photos of the crew this morning having a great time at the ramge. Too bad for Brian and Dameion that they could not make it this morningWell here are some photos.

Had a great time guys.... see you next sunday
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good but you may wanna change your title. I thought some kid got shot. might wanna put GET TOGETHER.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this in St Johns county?
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
PICS?

No video? With theme music? C'mon guys, down here in SW Fla. we do it up right!
http://www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=205469
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a video of Stan the man shooting a S@W 500 but I dont know how to post it. Im not that good yet

Yeah, we were shooting in St johns county at the FOP range off of 95 at sr 209. You have to be a member but we shoot every sunday
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure would be nice to come shoot with you guys.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PICS?

No video? With theme music? C'mon guys, down here in SW Fla. we do it up right!
http://www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=205469

The UNDISPUTED MASTER of range VIDEO. ALL must

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, then come on. We're usually out there by about 0800.

Damon
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, then come on. We're usually out there by about 0800.

Damon

Have to work this weekend, perhaps a small road trip is in order for the following Sunday..........
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]

If this is in St Johns County, then please IM me next time you guys go.  I'm here all the time, and I have nowhere to shoot.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
IT is just right off SR16 near the Outlet malls. LEON, fix the pics man.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, Leon, the pics are still broke, man. Fix 'em, will ya! Aw, well, I'll be out there this weekend barring any unforeseen emergencies. C'mon on out, Neil. We'd be happy to have you out there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you give me some info on the range?Directions,hours of operation,100,200,300 yards??

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah... give a little info on the range?

Gateway is my closest range, but they've a few policy changes out there that have made me loose interest.

The most recent upgrade in safety procedures: upon your arrival, you have to check in at the front desk.  The RO will actually come ensure your gun is clear, and take it to the line for you.  You'll have to wait for the RO to come do a functional safety check (y'know, like at Camp Perry) and put a white tag on your trigger guard if the gun clears.  Then, once the line is hot, he will load, aim, fire one round no sooner than every 3 seconds (from the bench of course, as standing is unsafe), and make clear for you.  It seems that they've found that the chances of a mishap drop significantly when everyone is so disgusted they just stop going.

So... can you give a 50 words or less essay on the FOP range?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah... give a little info on the range?

Gateway is my closest range, but they've a few policy changes out there that have made me loose interest.

The most recent upgrade in safety procedures: upon your arrival, you have to check in at the front desk.  The RO will actually come ensure your gun is clear, and take it to the line for you.  You'll have to wait for the RO to come do a functional safety check (y'know, like at Camp Perry) and put a white tag on your trigger guard if the gun clears.  Then, once the line is hot, he will load, aim, fire one round no sooner than every 3 seconds (from the bench of course, as standing is unsafe), and make clear for you.  It seems that they've found that the chances of a mishap drop significantly when everyone is so disgusted they just stop going.

So... can you give a 50 words or less essay on the FOP range?

When did this BS start? I am a member there and was out  there about 3 weeks ago and I did not have to go through this.  Is this procedure only for  Daily shooters?   If their making members do this I am definitely looking for another range to shoot at.

BTW Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmm.. That sounds really odd.. I'm a member and I'm going tommorrow AM so I'll report back. I hope it isn't true..

-sc
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey all,
there are no changes at Gateway according to the RO I talked to today.

-sc
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, the FOP range is definitely a little smaller than Gateway. I know Gateway has 100 & 200 yard lines. I think the FOP falls just shy of 100 yards. I guess the best way to describe the FOP is that it's like the unimproved lines that Gateway has behind the rimfire range. In addition to the rifle line, the range does have a couple pistol/shotgun bays. It's pretty swampy after the rains, but I think the advantages outweigh any disadvantage that I can come up with.

RO's? We don't need no steenkin' ROs. Although there aren't any ROs out and about in Cushmans to ensure our safety, the range is pretty safe since everyone out there looks out for each other. The facility is self regulated and members are allowed on the range at any time (except the third Saturday of the month). As far as what's allowed on the range, full auto's ok (as long as you're doing it safely). Hell, there was a member out there with Ma Deuce on the back of his Ford LTD (I kid you not), but I think that was a little extreme.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#21]
The only bad thing at the FOP range is the spent cases you have to pick up. We lay out tarps to catch must of it. But you can go full auto and shoot almost any target you want. We use Sams cola for targets. Have to clean them up atthe end but no biggie. Gateway has alot of shooters and guest that come out to shoot. I could see why they are strick. I am still amember there and the last tiem I went I just went out and shot my weapons no check in. MAybe it is new in the past month.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#22]
GET A JOB......... YOU BUM!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
GET A JOB......... YOU BUM!!!!!![/quoteFix the broken links you dumb bastard. I have a job my Bitch.LOL Love ya man and stay away from my 870.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]
The Gateway comments were an (obviously failed) attempt at sarcasm.  

I'd been an annual member out there for 6 years or so.  I used to shoot on the 50 yard pistol line 2-3 times a week practicing bullseye pistol.  I have carpal tunnel coming on pretty bad now, along w/ ulnar nerve problems, that's why I bought my AR ~2 years ago to begin with.  They definately treat you different when you come out w/ a bulleseye box than they do w/ a black rifle.

My comment is an exaggeration on the new no-standing rule that seems to have come about since the installation of the baffles on the 100 yard range.  It may depend on which RO is working that day, but I really don't feel like calling ahead to find out.  

So.. to clarify - no, there is not really a gunplumber van you have to check in and FSC your gun at the Gateway range.  (and I'm pretty sure you can still shoot your own gun).
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The Gateway comments were an (obviously failed) attempt at sarcasm.  

..... Well it would not suprise me if Gateway did start to do that just so they can continue to be "politically correct".  The only reason I go there is because I am 10 minutes away.

[sarcasm on] It sure is nice to only be able to shoot at paper bullseye targets! [/sarcasm off]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank god for private ranges.Support them or die like the rest of them!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]
357 fully cocked, finger on trigger, and about to blow your forearm off if the gun is mistakenly loaded..........   Nice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
357 fully cocked, finger on trigger, and about to blow your forearm off if the gun is mistakenly loaded..........   Nice.

Relax. We may be silly at times, but don't ever think that we do anything stupid while we're out there. BTW, not a 357, it was a S&W 500.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Relax. We may be silly at times, but don't ever think that we do anything stupid while we're out there. BTW, not a 357, it was a S&W 500.

I understand - besides, I'm just F'ing with you guys a little.

My bad on the gun caliber....... let me correct my previous post.

"S&W 500 fully cocked, finger on the trigger, and about to blow your ENTIRE ARM off if the gun is mistakenly loaded........... Nice."

It's all in good fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top