Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2010 6:02:30 AM EDT
Any of you know of a store or vendor that carries Sports Afield magazine in Las Vegas?  I've been trying to locate the latest issue.  It was easy to find when I lived in Reno but I forgot how prevalent the anti-gun/ hunting business attitude is here in LV.

I've checked a few of the big box places, but I even find differences in what they carry from one side of town to the other.

thanks,
advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
there is, or was a magazine store in the shopping center at Sahara and Maryland, to the right (south) of Smith's.

no clue what the name was/is, or if it's still there, but they carried a lot of magazines.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks!  I'll take a look.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
which one?  I checked the ones on Stephanie and Maryland a week or so ago, but may have missed the stocking cycle.

I checked for the magazine shop on Sahara/ Maryland today....just a bunch of empty shops and no magazine store.

Thanks for your help guys!

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I checked for the magazine shop on Sahara/ Maryland today....just a bunch of empty shops and no magazine store.

DOH!

sorry about that, the place had been there for-ev-er. sorry for sending you on a wild goose... um, ADVENTURE!

subscriptions are $25/year.... seems like it'd be worth it if it's this hard to find. (unless you're skimming the issues before buying and only getting ones that cover stuff you're interested in)

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
my wife is buying me a subscription for Christmas, I just want to get the current one so there isn't a gap.

I don't mind going on wild goose chases (Adventures)......I once drove from MN to New Orleans via Windsor, Ontario just so I could buy a case of Molson X (which isn't available in the US).

advntrjnky

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesnt Bass Pro carry hunting pubs?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
forgot about them...i'll check.

thanks,
advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, checked out Bass Pro and another B&N....still no luck finding Sports Afield.  It's one of the oldest names in high quality hunting mags and no-one carries it in LV.

advntrjnky
Top Top