Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:36:08 PM EDT
I picked up a used FN FS2000 today at 400 J&L.  Derek gave me a nice deal on it.  The guy who traded it in said he shot less than 100 rounds through it, and the wear on the parts isn't much at all.

However, whoever traded it in NEVER cleaned it, and since the serial number is low, it must have sat around in a safe for a long time.   It had a good bit of copper fouling on the gas piston and breech( piston looked like the Statue of Liberty), and the gun was dirtier than a $5 hooker inside.   I spent two hours meticulously cleaning it from top to bottom and now it looks like new.

If you were the one who traded it in, Thanks for the great gun...   However, you suck at cleaning your guns!

Derek, as always, you are the man, and thanks for the great service today even though your were swamped with customers.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
HOW MUCH
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
HOW MUCH

Tree Fiddy
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
DO WANT
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought those fancy things didn't need cleaning.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
They don't require heavy cleaning since they are piston driven.  But I don't like dirty guns, especially copper fouling in the barrel/muzzle break.

It is good as new now and should serve me well for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I used to want one of those too until I read the thread in team about one blowing up on a dude.  FN blamed it on reloads and never explained why it blew up - looked like an out of battery detonation.  They basically told the owner to go piss off.

I love the look, and I hope yours is worry-free for you.  Looks really nice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top