Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 10:29:21 AM EDT
For those of us in southeastern MN, a reminder that there is a gunshow at the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester this weekend, the 1st and 2nd.  I don't know Sat hours b/c I have to work but Sunday hours are posted on the Mayo Civic website as 0900 to 1500.  
I've never been to this gunshow.  I hope it doesn't suck.  I need some GI mags and 5.56 ammo.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
sat hours are 9 to 5  see mark nordin at Oak grove arms for mags and ammo,               better late than never
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Your knowledge seems extensive, Death451.

Could you perhaps point me to the closest indoor range to Rochester so that I can try my new mags out, if there is such a thing, as the days grow colder?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The only reasion I know that is because I worked with Mark at one of the shows.    When my friend lived down there we went to a gravel pit some where I can ask him where if  you want.  I dont know of any  indoor  down there sorry.    
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you end up geting mags last weekend he had steel mags from England that I was going to tell you you should try more robust, I was thinking about geting a set seems like they don't have the downfall of GI mags.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to the show. I ended up getting 500 rds of M193 Federal from the guy in the blue jumpsuit (you guys know who I am talking about. My mom had to come with me  because I'm not old enough to get in by myuself yet.)So, with the entry fee for myself and her and the ammo and some green followers a picked up at the Oak Grove Arms table, I guess I did pretty good. Only spent about 103 bucks including the entry fee.

Plus, the guy at the Oak Grove Arms table let me handle his AR15 which was set up very nicly. He had a Vltor carbine stock, and an aimpoint on it and this was the first time I have ever really been able to see these items in person so that was very nice. The guys there were very respectable and easy to talk to and they didn't even mind that I was only a kid and I only bought three bucks worth of Green followers from them, they still very very nice people.

So did anybvody else go?

Wait, are there anyother members from the Roch. here?

anyway, thanks for the heads up abot the show.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Yeah, the guy in the blue jumpsuit had the best 5.56 M193 prices in the whole gunshow.  As a matter of fact, he even beat Eric the Ammoman's price and I didn't have to wait or let my mailman know that I'm a gunnut that orders ammo by mail.

I also got some GI mags from the Oak Grove guys, seemed like a good bunch, look forward to buying from them again. The mags have definitely seen better days, though.  I got one of the few without a rusted spring.  I have always read on this board that the British SA80 rifles suck (they use an underpowered 5.56 round), so I figured their mags may be a bit "different" as well.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, the guy in the blue jumpsuit had the best 5.56 M193 prices in the whole gunshow.  As a matter of fact, he even beat Eric the Ammoman's price and I didn't have to wait or let my mailman know that I'm a gunnut that orders ammo by mail.

I also got some GI mags from the Oak Grove guys, seemed like a good bunch, look forward to buying from them again. The mags have definitely seen better days, though.  I got one of the few without a rusted spring.  I have always read on this board that the British SA80 rifles suck (they use an underpowered 5.56 round), so I figured their mags may be a bit "different" as well.

Yes, the blue jumpsuit guy did have the best deals. He even knocked 5 bucks off of the case I bought "in interest of keeping the shooting sports alive amongst out young shooters". So after you figure in the enterance fee, and his prices plus tax (I haven't quite figured out why he charges tax yet) he did beat ammoman prices, plus I didn't have to wait for it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at Rochester also. Picked up a Voltor and a couple 20 rd. mags from Oak Grove. Not many prebans there. Still worth the hour drive.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes, the blue jumpsuit guy did have the best deals. He even knocked 5 bucks off of the case I bought "in interest of keeping the shooting sports alive amongst out young shooters". So after you figure in the enterance fee, and his prices plus tax (I haven't quite figured out why he charges tax yet) he did beat ammoman prices, plus I didn't have to wait for it.

Because by law he has too.  And BTW, we don't charge sales tax, only collect it.  The state charges the sales tax.  I always wonder if the same guy who complains at the gunshow about sales tax, does the same thing at Wal-Mart?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought the show was a little weak, then I saw the Kimber Eclipse Pro II at Hart Bros. and couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because by law he has too.  And BTW, we don't charge sales tax, only collect it.  The state charges the sales tax.  I always wonder if the same guy who complains at the gunshow about sales tax, does the same thing at Wal-Mart?

I know about state sales tax, and I was not complaning about it either.

I am just curious as to why he charges sales tax yet any other table I could buy something from does not.

I don't mind paying tax, especially since he had the best prices, but that is just what I was wondering about.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Most vendors pay the sales tax, just a matter of how you state it.  I charge S10 for a pouch and add the .65 cents on to it.  Others will advertise it as $10 for a box of ammo and actually record a sale for $9.39 and tax collected as .61 cents.  Usually easier to do when you have a cash register.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top