Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:47:48 PM EDT
The SouthNarc Class has been rescheduled and is now Jaunruary 20th, 21st and 22nd.

The ShivWorks Practical Unarmed Combat core concepts module is a 4 hour fundamental block of instruction that introduces the student to the parameters and context of criminal assault. The student will learn how criminals actually assault citizens in the real world and will initially focus on strategies and tactics for challenging and preempting the potential assailant. The instruction will then shift to immediate action procedures for spontaneous assault and how to regain initiative with non-stylized basic tools.

PUC II. The ShivWorks Practical Unarmed Combat core concepts module is a 4 hour fundamental block of instruction that introduces the student to the parameters and context of criminal assault. The student will learn how criminals actually assault citizens in the real world and will initially focus on strategies and tactics for challenging and preempting the potential assailant. The instruction will then shift to immediate action procedures for spontaneous assault and how to regain initiative with non-stylized basic tools.

Curriculum and topics covered:

Parameters and objectives of criminal assault
Awareness and task fixation
Kinesic & verbal challenge strategies
Recognizing pre-assault cues
Hard focus scan procedures
Preemptive striking
Default position
Basic blows and regaining initiative.
Cost: $75.00

ECQC I & II : The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a one or two day block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student's skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing Simunitions and protective equipment.

Topics:

Day One

Diagnostics
Introduction to the components of the Combative Drawstroke
Building the #2 position in live-fire
Firing throughout the horizontal line of presentation
Off-hand fending positions
Default position
Basic empty hand blows
Theory of in-fight weapon access
Grounded basics
Day Two

Challenging the potential attacker
Preemptive weapon access
Muzzle aversion within draw-stroke
Negotiating the F.U.T.
ECQ Handgun retention in holster
ECQ handgun retention out of holster
Handgun recovery
Handgun striking
Prerequisites:This class is not recommended for beginning shooters and prior documented training or instructor approval is required. Students should be relatively fit as this is a contact class. Most of the latter half of each day will be spent utilizing Simunition marking cartridges and FIST helmets, to allow the students to gain confidence in applying their newly acquired skills against moving aggressive opponents.

Required Equipment: Holster, pistol, two magazines, eye & ear protection, heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor, mouthpiece and cup, 500 rounds of ammo per day.

Cost: $150 per day
Length: eight hours per day

PUC II for Friday Janruary 20th, ECQC will be Saturday and Sunday, the 21 and 22nd. For those that want to keep your deposits in or if you want to register and haven't done so yet let me know.

We are intorducing one new class by Guest Instructor Andy Stanford and Paul Gomez from Options for Personal Security in May 2006. A class description is below. If you are not familair with Andy or Paul you may got to www.optionsforpersonalsecurity.com. Both their credentials are listed there.
SouthNarc Class

Tactical Dynamics by Andy Stanford and Paul Gomez.

Also scheduling is being co-ordinated for Options For Personal Security (Andy Stanford and Paul Gomez) to come in May (6th and 7th) for his Tactical Dynamics Class. The class description and cost is listed below.

Time-tested skills required to prevail in common real world scenarios.

Without a thorough grounding in tactics, shooting skills are often largely irrelevant. Most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan! In actual violent confrontations, marksmanship and gunhandling skill are only part of the solution. This fast paced 2-day course gives you a veritable play book of highly effective home, street, vehicle, and team tactics, and provides the practice required to ingrain them. Both live-fire and force-on-force exercises provide plenty of repetition at the proven principles and procedures taught, with movement and communication stressed throughout. Topics include stealth and dynamic structure clearing, firing from inside and around a vehicle, coordination with partners and teammates, and wounded shooter techniques. Students will gain a SWAT-level understanding of these and other critical subjects. This course can also be tailored to focus on one or more particular areas, for instance team and/or vehicle tactics.

Ammunition Requirement: 1000
Tuition: $335

AK 47 Urban Rifle Course

Also getting feelers for a Urban AK Class in the spring. If anyone is interested  drop me a email. The AK is the most widely used assault rifle in the world, it is used by most former soviet block countries, middle eastern countires and terrorist around the world. This is a weapon system everyone serious about self-defense and homeland security should become familiar with.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
For those of you that don't know about Southnarc.....its the best extreme close quarters combat class going. If you have had firearms training.....you need this sort of face to face confrontation preperation that Southnarc shows you how to prevail in. I highly recommend his class as this is the most useful and most likely to need to be used class in self defense.

As for the Gomez AK class. I never relized how different a carbine could be until I took a tactical rifle class by Andy Stanford that Paul was in with an AK. He made us guys with fancy AR's and red dot sights look bad out to 100 yards with n iron sighted old raggedy looking AK. He truly knows how to manipulate and handle the AK as well as the history and design of the rifle. This will be a great class for all you commie gun lovers and for all those that feel the need to get familiar with the AK platform just in case Hajji invades your local shopping mall. Then you'll (hopefully) be prepared to take him or them on once a weapon of theirs is aquired in the fight. Highly unlikely to happen to you....but definitely a probability these days. Paul has videotaped footage seized in Afghanistan of Al Quead training camps practicing this very scenario. It is un nerving to witness.

Andy Stanford is also recommended. He definitley does not look like the tactical gun shooting pistolero that he truly is when you first see him and hear him......but after an hour into his class.....you know he can walk the walk. He shoots faster and more accurately than Rob Leatham and Doug Koenig with a stock Glock 19 if that says anything and he knows how to apply tactics. I took his Surgical Speed Shooting Class and Tactical Rifle Class.

Have I ever been to a class I didn't like? Yes. Tom Givens. But I'm still taking his combative Pistol 2 sequel to last years class next month. Why? Because I'm and information guru and Tom does have good info to be obtained in his classes if you can block his demeanor out of it.

I just thought I would throw in my take on these instructors after attending their classes,shooting and fighting with them. All above are highly recommended for further training. Ken Hackathorn is still at the top of my list though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top