Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2011 6:06:50 PM EDT
Is it true the low country of South Carolina is going from no limit to 4 bucks a year?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it true the low country of South Carolina is going from no limit to 4 bucks a year?

Haven't heard that, where did you get your info?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/news/yr2011/jan13/jan13_deer.html

DNR's governing board has discussed this issue on numerous occasions during the past year, voting at the Dec. 17, 2010 DNR Board meeting to support a statewide limit of 4 bucks per hunter per year and a mandatory deer tagging program whereby all harvested deer (bucks and does) must be tagged at the point of kill with tags provided by the department.

My question is why 4 bucks a year?

Is there a reason for that?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

DNR's governing board has discussed this issue on numerous occasions during the past year, voting at the Dec. 17, 2010 DNR Board meeting to support a statewide limit of 4 bucks per hunter per year and a mandatory deer tagging program whereby all harvested deer (bucks and does) must be tagged at the point of kill with tags provided by the department.

I can not fathom why they would put a limit on Deer and as far as 4 bucks, who knows, some dumb ass probably decided that was a good number....
SC has one of the largest Deer herds in the country and because of over population the Deer have gotten progressivly smaller, if anything they should encourage more hunting. Maybe a less expensive hunting license...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can not fathom why they would put a limit on Deer and as far as 4 bucks, who knows, some dumb ass probably decided that was a good number....
SC has one of the largest Deer herds in the country and because of over population the Deer have gotten progressivly smaller, if anything they should encourage more hunting. Maybe a less expensive hunting license...

Up here in the eastern part of NC we had a max season the limit was 6 deer of which only 4 could have antlers.  
The other 2 or all 6 had to be antlerless or what ever combat ion you came up with to equal only 4 bucks.
Plus they offered a bonus antlerless harvest report card for 2 more.
We have a big over population problem.

Top Top