Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 8:18:20 AM EDT
I made it there later. Got caught up helping my dad with yard stuff. I meet Rob there and he told me I missed you fellas. Sorry. Hey Rob, one of you .308 casing hit me in the neck Sunday and caused some nasty burns. It got ejected off the roof there and landed in my shirt collar and I've got some nasty burns on my shoulder and neck. Looks like I was in a war.
Not your fault and not blamming you. Just wanted to ask you guys what can I do about preventing shell casing burns in the future?
What do you guys wear to keep those hot ass casings out of your shirt collars?

Thanks,
Andy
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

A shirt, mostly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I was wearing a shirt. LOL. It was a polo style shirt. Next time I'll just wear a T-shirt. If I would have had a t-shirt the case wouldn't have been stuck in the collar. Lesson learned for me.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A shirt, mostly.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#4]
You got it, w30olds.  I wear a plain t-shirt.  Anything with a collar helps to trap the brass.  Or you could do what I do, sit to the left of DeltaAir423!  Man that CETME of his did sling the brass hard.  My FAL does that too.  Same with most AKs.

Sorry I missed ya.  Actually, I didn’t even get to shoot a lot.  I was mainly there for my brother-in-law and his kids (twin 13-year old boys).  Every few months he begs me to take them shooting.  They only have a .22 rifle, so I bring lots of toys for them.  I didn’t even have a lot of time to talk to DeltaAir (I was trying to keep my eyes on the little guys to make sure safety rules were followed).

Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I wear brass catchers on my hat....and silk panties.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. Next time I'll sit to the left of that CETME rifle. Damn thing hurts. LOL.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Andy sorry about that!!!!!  yeah if you sit to the left of me you usually do pretty good, that's why I usually like to take the farthest right bench I can get.  Just wait till I get my disconnector spring in the mail and the good ole ak will be up and running again, lookin to send some more cheap 7.62x39 down range.  BTW did you get the sights set so that you're happy with them andy?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey Andy sorry about that!!!!!  yeah if you sit to the left of me you usually do pretty good, that's why I usually like to take the farthest right bench I can get.  Just wait till I get my disconnector spring in the mail and the good ole ak will be up and running again, lookin to send some more cheap 7.62x39 down range.  BTW did you get the sights set so that you're happy with them andy?

No big deal Rob. I'll just sit to the left of the CETME next time. The sights are still off to my likings. I left about 30 minutes after you angry at the sights. I'll try again in a few weeks to get it shooting better.

Take care,
Andy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top