Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2010 4:28:01 PM EDT
Wed = opening day of Dove Season.

Last year I went up by new river with a bunch of the arizonashooting folks.  Wouldn;t mind a shorter drive though.  anyone going out in the East Valley?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
heck, if you want to go early I would LOVE to go blast some birds on the east side.  I wish i knew of a place to go, if from N. Scottsdale and only know where to go up there.

casey
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone got any hints for locations in the NW valley? My old spot is where the the Loop 303 will cross 99th Ave.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Bastards keep building houses on my hunting spots.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Last year I went up by new river with a bunch of the arizonashooting folks.  Wouldn;t mind a shorter drive though.  anyone going out in the East Valley?

Gonna be in the same spot with Vic and crew tomorrow morning.  Closest spot for me that I know of.  Good luck :)
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep - going out with my Dad. Been awhile since we got together and whacked some birds, so I'm really looking forward to it,
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last year I went up by new river with a bunch of the arizonashooting folks.  Wouldn't mind a shorter drive though.  anyone going out in the East Valley?

Gonna be in the same spot with Vic and crew tomorrow morning.  Closest spot for me that I know of.  Good luck :)

Tell the guys hi for me.  I had talked myself into driving up there (long drive from Queen Creek) but some guys from work want to go so will will drive over to Meridian/Elliot, park and walk 1/4 mile out into the State Trust land.  As long as we are 1/4 mile from any houses we will be legal.  I got on the State of AZ land use website and verified that it is still ST land.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
will drive over to Meridian/Elliot, park and walk 1/4 mile out into the State Trust land.  .

Drove to Ray/Meridian and walked out, 8 other guys were out there before us.  My buddy Matt had his limit by 6:30, I got my last one at 6:45, and we were back at the truck by 7 am.

Good hunt.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
will drive over to Meridian/Elliot, park and walk 1/4 mile out into the State Trust land.  .

Drove to Ray/Meridian and walked out, 8 other guys were out there before us.  My buddy Matt had his limit by 6:30, I got my last one at 6:45, and we were back at the truck by 7 am.

Good hunt.

Mark

They were NOT flying well at the old spot today... going to give it another day or two and then I may have to find somewhere new.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah the action wasn't so hot as my usual opening day spot. Saw 3, got 3 and that was it. Had to be home by 8am so we only hunted the one spot.

I need to come down south and do some dove hunting. When we goin out to one of your super-secret spots, ragedracer?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard you shooting this morning.  I live at Elliot and Meridan and there were several people out there when I was on my way to go golfing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I heard a LOT of people out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah the action wasn't so hot as my usual opening day spot. Saw 3, got 3 and that was it. Had to be home by 8am so we only hunted the one spot.

I need to come down south and do some dove hunting. When we goin out to one of your super-secret spots, ragedracer?

I'm headed to Pinetop this weekend, but I'm in for next weekend.  Saturday or Sunday, or maybe a day during the week.  Let me know!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
During the week would work for me, I'm busy training for the next 3 weekends.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm headed to Pinetop this weekend, but I'm in for next weekend.  Saturday or Sunday, or maybe a day during the week.  Let me know!
ill be out this weekend and next . hit me up next weekend.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
i usually do well at these tanks for you guys hitting up the weekdays. Ill either be out here on the weekend or up north of scottsdale.

33.245529,-111.368852  google map.

kep it arfcom please. tanks are not huge and will get crowded.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Any of you guys have Vic's contact info by chance since AZS is still freaking down?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any of you guys have Vic's contact info by chance since AZS is still freaking down?
you referring to me?  

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#18]
got my limit in about an hour out by those tanks i posted above this morning.

Ill be out there again sunday and probably monday morning.  The dove are running real low  through the draws that lead to the tanks. If you line up one dude per every 100 yards or so down those draws it works out pretty well.like a dove highway this morning.

Had to shoot on a knee half the time to prefent shooting other hunters though to get an upward angle shot.  They are flying very low and fast.

got shot 8 times today

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
got shot 8 times today

You got shot 8 times?

Fuck that.

I'll go somewhere where there are less people around, even if it takes longer to get my limit, or not limit at all. If some jackass shot me I'd be shooting back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Went out near Lake Pleasant/New River this morning. The majority of the area around New River Road, west of the 17, had signs restricting vehicular access. I parked right off the road and hiked a mile in. Got shot at by some jackasses who drove in anyway and decided to call it a day. Only got one bird, and the only birds I saw weren't flying til you got within fifty feet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#21]
today was rough out east. eithr the dove are all dead or they took the hell off to somewhere else.

took me four hours to get my limit and had to hike and spook em out of cactus and shrubs to find them. Weren't flying for shit.
anyone know somewhere down south of chandler or gilbert area ou can shoot?  I don't want to drive all the way out there tobake in the sun for 4 hours.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone got any hints for locations in the NW valley? My old spot is where the the Loop 303 will cross 99th Ave.

Ours was right about there, on the mesa just above the orange grove off of Jomax. They roosted in the orange trees and in the a.m. would fly directly over the mesa into our guns.  If you were lazy you could pick your shots so the birds would land within 20 feet of you.

I miss that spot.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
today was rough out east. eithr the dove are all dead or they took the hell off to somewhere else.

took me four hours to get my limit and had to hike and spook em out of cactus and shrubs to find them. Weren't flying for shit.

anyone know somewhere down south of chandler or gilbert area ou can shoot?  I don't want to drive all the way out there tobake in the sun for 4 hours.

It sucked all over the east valley today for me too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sucked all over the east valley today for me too.
i wish the god damned indians would sell tags for reservation hunting.  just east of scottsdale there are millions of em

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Had 3 guys and 3 limits by 6:40 this morning.    Again, state trust land near far East Mesa.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Had 3 guys and 3 limits by 6:40 this morning.    Again, state trust land near far East Mesa.

where at?  I was out passed gold canyon on monday morning and it took me forever to get my limit.  Did you just pull off on the sw side of the 60 near apache junction or what?  DETAILS!

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#27]
drove all over east valley down to florence, very few birds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
DETAILS!

Sent you an IM.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top