Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2013 2:47:11 PM EDT
The dates will be September 14-15, 2013. The location will be in Grandfield, OK.

We will have a range of 1350 yards. We will have steel targets starting at approximately 300 yards and going approximately every 50 yards back to the maximum distance. We will also have 100 yard cardboard targets for those that need to zero their rifles. Only the targets provided by us will be allowed.

For those of y'all that did not attend the previous Sniper’s Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Rendezvous’, this is not a competition. It is a structured "free for all" shoot, with me and other Precision Rifle/Sniper Instructors on hand to help anyone that needs/wants it, especially in the area of calling/doping wind and spotting. The atmosphere is very laid back, and a good time is always had by all. There are no big egos on the line and everyone pitches in to help folks that want/need it. If you are unsure of yourself or your skills, this is a perfect venue for you. If you are a veteran Sniper or competitor with years of experience, you'll fit right in as well. You shoot all day long, as much or as little as you want. We call the line cold every few hours, a paint crew on 4-wheelers runs down range and re-paints the steel, and we go hot again.

Cost for the rifle shoot will be $125 for one day, or $200 for both days. LE/public safety/military folks will be $100 for 1 day and $150 for 2 days on the Rifle Shoot. You are welcome to attend and shoot on both days, or just a single day of your choice. You must prepay in order for your spot to be held. If you pre-pay and then find out you cannot attend, I will roll your entry fee over to a future event of your choice.

I will be taking PayPal and money orders for entry fees. I will be limiting attendance to 30, so spots are held on a “first come, first paid” basis. You can send your payment via MO to:

Precision Applications, LLC
46 Scarlet Oak Way
Dallas, GA 30132

or you can PayPal (+4%) to [email protected]. That is also my email address, if you have any questions. Along with your payment, please include a full name, email address, phone number and the days you will be attending.

Schedule: Mandatory safety meeting at 0800hrs on Saturday and Sunday. We will "go hot" immediately afterwards.

Gear list (nothing is mandatory, but they can help):
Rifle with optics
Ammo (you can shoot as much or as little as you like)
Data book
shooting mat or other ground cover
bipod, rear bag, support, etc
spotting scope
cooler with non-alcoholic beverages
EZ Up tent

Information to follow on accomodations and such in the immediate area.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. In addition to email , I can be reached at (678) 523-7522.

Hope to see y'all in September.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the address above where payment is to be sent, the location/address for the shoot?  

- Damn just saw that was GA, not Dallas TX
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The dates will be September 14-15, 2013. The location will be in Grandfield, OK.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
will Steve Suttles and Bobby Whittington be on hand?

will this be on their KD range or one of their other UKD ranges nearby?
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know either of those guys, so they will not be attending unless they contact me to attend.  We are not associated with either gentleman.

This is a brand new facility and this is the first event to be hosted there.  We will be doing this event twice a year; in the spring and fall.

This event is being run by 2 entities that I own:  the website Sniper's Paradise, as well as my shooting school, Precision Applications, LLC
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
back a decade ago when Thomas Blahnik was associated with Snipers Paradise, he used to host long-range precision rifle matches at Badlands Tactical just 5 miles west of Grandfield, Oklahoma, so I presumed you were also doing something there in conjunction with the owner, Bobby Whittington, and former USMC Scout/Sniper Steve Suttles...
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought Sniper's Paradise from Thomas quite a few years ago. Since I live in N Georgia, I've moved most of the events over to my neck of he woods.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally an event close to Texas. Now to see if I can get off work that weekend.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I bought Sniper's Paradise from Thomas quite a few years ago. Since I live in N Georgia, I've moved most of the events over to my neck of he woods.

I used to compete in Thomas' SP matches in Texas in the RGV as well as TacPro in Mingus, and in Grandfield, Oklahoma, at Badlands Tactical

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice!  I was a Moderator for Thomas on SP, then he offered to sell me the site one day.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]
what's Gooch doing these days?
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]
This looks like a perfect venue for me to get some time with my new RWS .260 rifle. I will definitely be attending this if my schedule is clear for that weekend.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#12]
If Gooch is a nickname for Thomas, not sure exactly what he's doing.  We connected on Linked In, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If Gooch is a nickname for Thomas, not sure exactly what he's doing.  We connected on Linked In, but that's about it.

no, I was referring to former USMC 8541 Kent Gooch, who used to be a regular on SP and SC...
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Names vaguely familiar.  According to his profile he hasn't been on the site for a few years.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Folks are signing up and slots are filling!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#17]
1350 yards? I'll bring my .22 short Cricket

I'm not sure i can even see that far, with a telescope.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#18]
You don't have to shoot out to 1350. There will be a 100yd targets for folks that need to confirm zero, with the steel targets starting at approximately 300yds. You can shoot at any targets you wish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top