Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 4:20:02 AM EDT
Well, as you guys know, I don't post a whole lot and usually only jump into a topic when there's something serious to discuss, but this time it's different.  Nic Berg was from my hometown, hell, we even went to the same high school.  He was several year behind me and I never knew him or his family, but West Chester is a relatively small town and I'm sure I'll know friends, or friends of friends who went to school with him.  I'm not a very religious person, but when an event causes my to say a prayer, I like to think it's pretty serious and it may get answered.  I actually said three prayers the other night.  The first for Nic and his family.  The second for my brothers best friend and a former co-worker, both of which were in tower #1 at the WTC on 9/11.  The third, well, that was for me.  About a month ago, I was slated to go to Irag to do some contract work, but it was right after the four contractors were killed and my operation was cancelled.  I got a call about some more work, but it's still in the planning phase.  I prayed everything works out.  I've got some favors to return, three to be exact.

VSP
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an old Army budie I believe is from West Chester. Is that near Lancaster? His name was Chris Burgess. I believe that how it's spelled. His father drove Semi trucks. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Book,
     Thanks for the offer and your prayers.  If I do go, I'll let all you guys know.  It would be a relatively short tour (4 months), but I'll let you know.

Wardawg,
      Lancaster is about 45 minutes away, but its a real nice drive out in the country.

VSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top