Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 4:13:23 PM EDT
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/atf-helping-investigate-firearms-theft-in-sierra-vista/article_518c1ba2-35a1-11e1-b7e0-0019bb2963f4.html

ATF needs more guns in Mexico?  Operation gunlifter?
Federal agents are assisting the Cochise County Sheriff’s Department in trying to find burglars who broke into a Sierra Vista store and made off with 65 firearms and ammunition

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually worried about the security of that particular store, It looked very minimal to me.  I was correct.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing happened to one of our stores up here in Prescott Valley a few weeks ago. Security looked minimal, turns out it was. They only got away with around 20 guns or something like that.

Work to the wise: gun stores are getting robbed, private party transactions becoming more dangerous, private citizens being robbed more often these days. Keep an eye out, gentlemen, and be careful about who knows what you have.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]
ATF helping investigate firearms theft in Sierra Vista
Story

By Rhonda Bodfield, Arizona Daily Star  |  Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 5:37 pm
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Federal agents are assisting the Cochise County Sheriff’s Department in trying to find burglars who broke into a Sierra Vista store and made off with 65 firearms and ammunition.

Cochise sheriff’s spokeswoman Carol Capas said the office received a call at 8 a.m. Sunday, regarding a burglary that happened sometime between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. at the Mountain Vista Trading Post.

Initially, investigators believed 62 weapons with ammunition were missing. The count was revised Monday to 65.

The weapons have been entered into the National Crime Information Center.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting in the investigation.

Capas said the department is following what she characterized as “solid leads,” but that anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact the sheriff’s department at (520) 432-9500.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It's sad when your house has better security than the gun store.  

Thieves suck, but don't make it easy for them..................

And, you are not supposed to post the entire article, according to COC of the arfcom. (that copyright stuff)  I could have easily done that myself.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Organized syndicate or coincidence, these burglaries? Hmmm...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
My natural asshattedness twinges as I think 'inside' job of some sort.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Organized syndicate or coincidence, these burglaries? Hmmm...

Nope, the Mob left SV in the 80's, and the Cartels just walk in and buy the guns.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
A group of teenage 'Bloods' tried to do the same with Trailboss a number of years ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:44:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting. I thought I knew every gun store in SV.

Is there a list of guns with SNs so nobody buys a hot one?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Good idea John.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A group of teenage 'Bloods' tried to do the same with Trailboss a number of years ago.

They did more than try, but the ingress route had to become their egress and that hampered their ability to get more than 3-4 small .380 pistols.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#12]
i think they were caught also.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like they made an arrest and recovered some of the guns.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#14]
My God, four houses down from me!!!!!!!!  Actually on the next block but I can see their back yard, this is a very nice area of town.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Saw the mug shot. Dude looks familiar for some reason...hrm.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My God, four houses down from me!!!!!!!!  Actually on the next block but I can see their back yard, this is a very nice area of town.

they are among us
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, don't forget that shootout at the drop house last year over on Swan...that's a pretty decent neighborhood - happened across the street from my FILs house. His neighbor ended up with bullet holes in her car...from one of the Feds - while she and the kids were standing in the driveway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Another shop hit in Santan Valley. Just heard that on the radio. 50 guns stolen. Maybe the thugs are moving north..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top