Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 3:56:18 PM EDT
Should it stay or should it go?
H&R receiver, SA, WRA and other parts, unfired SA 1951 barrel.
Whadaya think?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
whatcha want for it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess would be money!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice

I would say that rifle would sell pretty quick.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Been trying to find a value. It belonged to a customer who was in the 101st. North Africa, Anzio, Normandy, Bastogne, Munich. He bought is sometime in the 1950's ~1960's.
There is something I want at the funshow but this, while not 100% correct, has some history.
Will go there tomorrow and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I know a lot of people collect them, I've never been able to figure out why so many people are attracted to these gun.

They are OK, but they've never turned me on.

TD
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude its a M1 GARAND KEEP IT.
For what you would get for it at a gunshow its worth 2 times that, Right???

Put it up and Keep it you never know when these things are gonna be the MO SHIZZLE!!!!

If you mean going to The North Atlanta Show, Uuhhhh    The North atlanta Show is supposed to be the best in georgia other than the cobb civic center. Well there was a lot of empty space in the back and I mean a lot of empty space.   Round 6 or more tables were not even set up just empty floor space. If I hadn't found what I was looking for I would have been upset. But I found what I went for so im just somewhat suprised by the lack of tables, being the north atlanta trade center.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
How about a trade? You need a left nut????
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]

If you have multiples, you can sell/trade it.
If it is your only one, you must keep it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
whatcha want for it?

I'll give you 100 match sticks. Now take a while and think about my offer before you refuse.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How about a trade? You need a left nut????

LOLOLOL
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Should it stay or should it go?
H&R receiver, SA, WRA and other parts, unfired SA 1951 barrel.
Whadaya think?

www.hunt101.com/data/500//garand.jpg

Thats a keeper or if you need m4gery let me know
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The big question is ..... are you a collector or user.

If you are a collector, keep it.  You are unlikely to get what its worth to you by selling it.  In addition, a collector gets joy in owning.

A user on the other hand, uses guns.  If it no longer has a use, it should be sold.   An unused gun ties up monetary capital and emotional capital.  Emotional capital is the most costly as you will pass up good usable gun opportunties since you have this gun.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice rifle...If you wanted to sell it quick, $650 would be your asking price.  If you're not in a hurry, I would ask $750 or so.  I have sold several of mine on www.jouster.com also known as Culver's Shooting Page, WTS...Many that buy there have C&R licence so it is as simple as receiving payment and a signed copy of their license and mail it to them.

CSP is also an excellent resource if you want to learn more on the subject before you decide.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you have multiples, you can sell/trade it.
If it is your only one, you must keep it.

Are you talking about the left nut?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top