Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:29:01 AM EDT
Does anyone know what the law would be to carry a shotgun in vehicle? Is it illegal to put a dash board mount in your vehicle?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:26:09 PM EDT

no loaded long arms in vehicles.

with a lockable mount you'd be ok *i think*, but being unloaded kind of defeats the purpose.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:08:48 AM EDT
I've never seen a civilian vehicle in CT with a dash mount for a shotgun or rifle. I don't think it's legal, but you could check with the Dept of Public Safety. I beleive the rifle or shotgun needs to be in the trunk and seperate from the ammo. Gun unloaded! If you have a carry permit your handgun is ok. I wouldn't leave any guns in a car it's too easy for the car to be broken into or stolen and then some SLIMEBALL got your gun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:10:46 AM EDT
I've never seen a civilian vehicle in CT with a dash mount for a shotgun or rifle. I don't think it's legal, but you could check with the Dept of Public Safety. I beleive the rifle or shotgun needs to be in the trunk and seperate from the ammo. Gun unloaded! If you have a carry permit your handgun is ok. I wouldn't leave any guns in a car it's too easy for the car to be broken into or stolen and then some SLIMEBALL got your gun. Also having a weapon in plainview might be viewed by the sheeple or LEO as your looking for trouble!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:17:27 AM EDT
FWIW - DPS doesn't even allow dash or interior mounts for shotguns in their state police cruisers. Too many sheeple got nervous.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:56:31 AM EDT
Top Top