Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 3:59:45 PM EST
I took out the Ruger Mini-14, my Bushy AR modular, my Kimber .45 and my HK .40 --- I think it was too many guns at once, next time out I'll just bring a couple.

Man, is this normal? .... The Mini-14 was launching my empty brass like 30 feet. Last time I was shooting it I took out 2 flourescent bulbs from the new sun shade area on the rifle range. I think I clipped a couple people who were sitting way down on other benches.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:38:57 PM EST

No, it's not normal. You should bring more.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:41:17 PM EST
I remember when I had a Mini that my brass also would launch a pretty good distance. I'd only be concerned if I had the opposite issue - brass not going very far once ejected from the chamber.

A Mini!?

What are you doing with........ - that thing???

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:02:41 PM EST
I love that mini-14, shoots real tight groups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:44:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By Madhouse:
I love that mini-14, shoots real tight groups. www.modernengineuity.com/forums/images/smilies/snipersmilie.gif

LOL...and pigs might fly out my butt.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:56:12 PM EST
Ask brasseater how he got his name.

Some guy with a mini-14.... yeah.... they CHUNK them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:00:06 PM EST
You know, it's wierd, most of the people I know who have mini-14's can group them real tight, but a couple other people have said they're not very accurate or consistent. I did great with mine today.

I probably just don't know enough about shooting yet...

<--- rookie (pertaining to guns)
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:21:14 PM EST
Stock Mini's do throw brass like nobody's business. Although, if you get a new gas port, (i.e. smaller diameter) that problem is greatly reduced.

And yes, for those that care, my Mini shoots roughly 1.5-1.75 MOA after some upgrades to it. It was my first gun ever, so I think I'll be keeping it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:18:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Ask brasseater how he got his name.

Some guy with a mini-14.... yeah.... they CHUNK them.

Thank you.....THank you very much. I'm guilty.

Yep, it'll chunk 'em. Watch which end of the firing line you stand on....It'll tattoo people.

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:43:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Madhouse:
You know, it's wierd, most of the people I know who have mini-14's can group them real tight, but a couple other people have said they're not very accurate or consistent. I did great with mine today.

I probably just don't know enough about shooting yet...

<--- rookie (pertaining to guns)

keep in mind when we are talking tight we are talking 1-1.5” at 100 yds.
Most mini’s I have shot group 4” at 100. if this is cool for you great, have fun. You may need a stronger main spring. I got the ultimate brass chunking monster. It’s an HK940. a civilian 30-06. it will throw brass 90 deg. from the barrel horizontally for a distance of 60’. When I shoot it and don’t put up a cardboard box to catch the brass I clear one or two benches to the right of me. It’s brutal.
Top Top