Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:27:33 PM EDT
It's been a long time since I've gone shooting. Does anyone know of any good pistol ranges anywhere around the Atlanta area?

And where in the entire state is a good place to go shoot AR's? Preferably several hundred yards, and outdoors... (I would prefer 800 yards but I suppose that's not happening...)

And I did try it, but the range locater at the top of the forums doesn't work.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Creekside

Its the shiznet
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
elberton gun club is 400yrds and gunsite hills is 1000yrds,but ithink (could be wrong)it is an event range.check their web page for accurate details

eta,creekside seems to have the most ar15com events or get togethers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
elberton gun club is 400yrds and gunsite hills is 1000yrds,but ithink (could be wrong)it is an event range.check their web page for accurate details

Gun Site Hills is 700 yrds and open to the public.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
How about anything indoors or out on the east side.  Like, Covington/Conyers/Madison, etc.

Aside from South River, which isn't open to the public for rifles, and Charlie Elliot, which is a pain in the ass, are there any indoor or outdoor ranges?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
How about anything indoors or out on the east side.  Like, Covington/Conyers/Madison, etc.

Aside from South River, which isn't open to the public for rifles, and Charlie Elliot, which is a pain in the ass, are there any indoor or outdoor ranges?

Charlie Elliot is all about timing, you just gotta know when it's not crowded etc
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
When I started shooting at CE almost 12 years ago, it was never crowded (except right before deer season).  Now it seems like the middle of the week is the only to go without being overrun by all the idiots.  Now with the heat of the summer, I would expect crowds to diminish.

Anyone want to get together to shoot at CE?  Midweek is fine.

Scott
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun Site Hills is 700 yrds and open to the public.

Open to the public, BUT your need to call and make an appointment with chief before driving out there. Its not a spray and pray range. You need to know your dope for each range and have a rifle/scope capable of hitting the target. Chief don't put up with any BS....and is quick to call you on it, LOL. (He is a really good guy tho).

For anybody close to ATL Creekside is the best thing going.

Johns Mtn DRN range in Calhoun off hwy 136, 100yds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I were even somewhere close to that.  I live like 5 minutes from South River.  If they opened their rifle range to public, that'd be perfect.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]
If I lived 5 min from there I'd be a member in 5 seconds.  It would be well worth it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top