Shoot, to test out that new load
Shoot, that old ammo up and replace with fresh
Shoot, to make sure you remember how
Shoot, to get better at it
Shoot, to put food on the table
Shoot, to protect your family and animals
Shoot, because you can
Shoot, because you must

Pick a reason, and join me at the range on weekends.  I'm always there in Fairbanks

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Good reminder.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you do night shoots? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Would love to, but the neighbors would get PO'd.

Might be entertaining going to the Maud range though. Have to check if only daylight, been a while since I was there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:56:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Sometimes yes, mostly to photograph muzzle flash and tracers - not all of us have NV gear
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Normal shooting times at Maud is 10am to 8pm according to their web site.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 4:52:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#6]
I miss the Fairbanks range. I haven't been there since I left the military in 2010 but it seems like it hasn't really changed (Good!).

Sucks ass to shoot here in/around Anchorage. I do a lot of classes but shooting on my own is just obnoxious here.

Also looking for night (NV) pew folks around Anchorage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Hey who's that sexy mofo?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 20iner:

Hey who's that sexy mofo?
View Quote

It's Norm.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]

That a WP unit you're rocking there?
View Quote

I think so. It was a buddy’s at a night shoot a few years back. Out of my budget unfortunately. I’d be going shooting today but I’m quarantined.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

I think so. It was a buddy’s at a night shoot a few years back. Out of my budget unfortunately. I’d be going shooting today but I’m quarantined.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Oh goodness, are you okay?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:40:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"Officially" I have the coof, and got put on unpaid leave after test results came back yesterday.  Symptom wise, I have a freaking stuffy nose and a slight headache, minus some weird BP/heart rate on Wednesday that prompted a nurse call.  (turns out sudafed can make your BP/BPM go a little nuts.)  After stopping sudafed, I'm feeling 80-85% at least and no tachy atrial flutter.  115/65 139bpm resting is far from normal for me and I'm on meds to lower my BPM already.

So I'm at home locked up until symptoms clear + time before I can retest.  If I hadn't been worried about the ticker, I'd still be at work thinking I had my seasonal crud.  Guess I'll surf Arf, drink a lot of tea, and finish unpacking from my move into town.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:43:23 AM EDT
[#13]

"Officially" I have the coof, and got put on unpaid leave after test results came back yesterday.  Symptom wise, I have a freaking stuffy nose and a slight headache, minus some weird BP/heart rate on Wednesday that prompted a nurse call.  (turns out sudafed can make your BP/BPM go a little nuts.)  After stopping sudafed, I'm feeling 80-85% at least and no tachy atrial flutter.  115/65 139bpm resting is far from normal for me and I'm on meds to lower my BPM already.

So I'm at home locked up until symptoms clear + time before I can retest.  If I hadn't been worried about the ticker, I'd still be at work thinking I had my seasonal crud.  Guess I'll surf Arf, drink a lot of tea, and finish unpacking from my move into town.
View Quote
Can you take ivermectin,quercetin,zinc and vitamins d/c?
Plus the other stuff flcc recommends?

Keep moving and get fresh air.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 2:25:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#14]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Can you take ivermectin,quercetin,zinc and vitamins d/c?
Plus the other stuff flcc recommends?

Keep moving and get fresh air.
View Quote

I'm hardly needing anything but some vaporub at the moment, but C/D/zinc were already in my daily supplements anyhow.  It's the occasional cough and stuffy nose at this point.  Gotta email corporate in the morning for any instructions on their end, but I should be back to work next week.  Doc cleared me as g2g after 10 days of quarantine (this upcoming Sunday morning), assuming I'm not running a fever or taking fever reducing meds.

Kinda pissed I missed probably the last mid-high 40's shooting weather over the weekend though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top