Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 10:44:19 AM EDT
The Northern Virginia Gun Club will have its open house
Saturday, September 27, 2003 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, in conjunction with National Hunting & Fishing Day.

Come by and meet other shooters, sight in your rifle, or just get a chance to shoot and lunch on us.

The Rifle/Pistol, Skeet/Trap shotgun ranges and Archery ranges will be open for prospective members to use.  So bring your guns, bows and come hungry.  

To get to the club in King George County:

From Virginia:
 Take I-95  toward Fredricksburg
 Get off at Bus Rt. 17 East; toward Falmouth,
(exit 133A going south and 133 going north)

Go across Rt. 1  (Rt. 17 turns right at US Rt. 1)
 You are now on Rt. 212 South
 Continue straight to Rt. 218 East at light.
 The Range is now about 12 miles away on Rt. 218
 Go past Rt. 696
 When you go past Rt. 609 the range will be 2.4 miles on the right
 The sign and the gate are on the right, about 100 ft from the road
 The sign will say "NVGC".   The road is gravel
 If you get to Rt. 610,  - you went too far!

From Maryland:
 Take 301 south to the Potomac bridge
 Take 301 to Rt. 218
 Turn right on Rt. 218
 The range is about 7.2 miles on the left
 The sign and the gate are on the left, about 100 ft from the road
 The sign will say "NVGC".   The road is gravel
 If you get to Rt. 642, - You went too far

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Send me an email if you plan to attend the open house.

We need some more black rifle types  in this club.  Plinking is allowed on our range and we have 100 & 200 yard target frames.

Paul
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Website?  Membership dues?  How far is this from Alexandria/DC?

Thanks,

Ed
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Club doesn't have a website.  Membership info should be available at open house.

If you can't make open house send me email and
I will email you a WORD file with membership info & application.

The initition fee is $100.

Yearly dues are $60 and prorated if you join part way thru a year.  

In addition each member must purhcase stock in the land - you are billed for 2 shares twice  year- Current stock price is $30 a share.  After buying 35 shares you are fully vested. If you decide to leave club - the shooting facility buys back stock.

This seems complicated but it does tend to keep members looking at property like owners. I've been a member 10 years.

A busy weekend might see a dozen shooters at range. Most members only visit a few times a year.

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to your open house last year, along with Sniperm88 and 101proof.  Nice range and if it only allowed 50cal, and class III I'd join.  Still,  if I'm not busy that weekend, I'll come out for some fun.

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The club does allow 50BMG, when they passed this rule the wording was done as it is with NFA - 50 and over -technically 50 BMG is under .50 which is why it is unregulated. The club offcers felt one members 20mm Lahti was a safety hazard (I disagreed but wasn't present when it came up for a vote). We have some people at the club who have misinterpeted this rule. However I discussed this with the Executive Officer and he agreed with me that 50 BMG was not banned. If you have a 50 and join and get a hassle we can get this cleared up.

On full-auto: In old days before my time (I've been a member for 10 years) they did allow full-auto.  I was told a M-60 owner threatened the club officers so they decide to ban MGs to get rid of the fruitcake.  If enough Black rifle owners join club we could change the rule on a vote at a monthly club meeting.

Quoted:
I went to your open house last year, along with Sniperm88 and 101proof.  Nice range and if it only allowed 50cal, and class III I'd join.  Still,  if I'm not busy that weekend, I'll come out for some fun.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I shot down there for a "as issued" US Military rifle match. That was a ton of fun. I will try and make the open house.

If we go, what should we bring ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Email inbound.

I may be able to make this and it's nearly around the corner from me.

I still haven't sighted in my RRA 16" yet.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh man, I really want to come by. Let me see what the schedule says.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]
All the ranges are open so bring anything other then full-auto/NFA stuff.  Food is on the club.

You will also want to bring paper targets and a stapler.  The ranges have target backers to staple them too.

Quoted:
I shot down there for a "as issued" US Military rifle match. That was a ton of fun. I will try and make the open house.

If we go, what should we bring ?

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Dam I would really like to come to this one. But I have to work until 4pm that Saturday
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a great time. Hope it's Ok for a newbie with a LW .499 that needs sighting-in. (I know, I know, a LW???!!! -- but RRA and DPMS have such a long wait, and LW is just down the road....)

Got a DPMS Bull 16 on order ... might be in by 27th.

Thanks for the invite!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
You will be easy to recognize :-)

Quoted:
Sounds like a great time. Hope it's Ok for a newbie with a LW .499 that needs sighting-in. (I know, I know, a LW???!!! -- but RRA and DPMS have such a long wait, and LW is just down the road....)

Got a DPMS Bull 16 on order ... might be in by 27th.

Thanks for the invite!

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a good range.....how about handgun facilities?

I'd like to go on your open house day, but I'll be out of the country then.

Any way to get info on joining up after I come back?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Range is set up with 25yd frames for handguns.

If anyone can't make open house and would like membership info shoot me an email - I can mail you membership info (it is a 90k file).

Quoted:
Sounds like a good range.....how about handgun facilities?

I'd like to go on your open house day, but I'll be out of the country then.

Any way to get info on joining up after I come back?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Latest word in club newsletter says there will be also be a hi-power match starting @ 0900 (registration starting @ 0800 ) on the day of the open house.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the shoot still on?  The weather might have messed up the facilities..
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
My buddy was down there today for a work party - say some trees were knocked down but no real damage.  Open house is still on.

Quoted:
Is the shoot still on?  The weather might have messed up the facilities..

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Do you have details on the match, I'd like to shoot in it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do you have details on the match, I'd like to shoot in it.

from newsletter

NRA Hi Power Service Rifle match
register starting @ 8am shooting starts 0900

You can preregister with [email protected]

Cost is $15

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I am going to make this open house.

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Does not look like I am going to make it this year.  Just too much stuff to do on Saturday.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Can't wait for this weekend.  I'm happy to get a chance to shoot some guns I haven't shot in awhile.

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Isn't the VA Gun Collectors gun show this weekend in Bealton?

Might make both............
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#24]
That is my plan  - the club is about 40minutes away down 17/218

Quoted:
Isn't the VA Gun Collectors gun show this weekend in Bealton?

Might make both............

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup going to bealton after shooting here
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

sorry for the OT, but is this particular Bealton show any better or worse than the typical Old Dominion Bealton show?? I could not make it all the way the the open house but may be able to make a run to Bealton if it's worth it.
DD
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry for the OT, but is this particular Bealton show any better or worse than the typical Old Dominion Bealton show?? I could not make it all the way the the open house but may be able to make a run to Bealton if it's worth it.
DD

Depends on what you are looking for. The Virginia Collectors show is geared more to collectable firearms, some people have displays of their collections , and there is judging on the displays. If I remember correctly there are still a few "modern" arms for sale there, but mostly its WW2 and earlier stuff.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#28]
nvcdl , can you send my the membership info , I seem to of lost the one I picked up at the range. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
nvcdl , can you send my the membership info , I seem to of lost the one I picked up at the range. Thanks.

Please send me an email so I can send you a file - anyone who needs membership info send me an email and I will send file with membership info and application.

It was good to see a good turnout at the range last Saturday - hope you guys join the club!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please send me an email so I can send you a file - anyone who needs membership info send me an email and I will send file with membership info and application.

It was good to see a good turnout at the range last Saturday - hope you guys join the club!

Sir, I hooked him up with the app........

I also sent my app in with the check for $145.

What do you do for your work weekends?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sir, I hooked him up with the app........

I also sent my app in with the check for $145.

What do you do for your work weekends?

Great!

The work parties aren't bad and once you have done your 1st year you only need to do them to maintain hunting privledges, I haven't been using the property to hunt so I have been skipping them for the last few years.

Usually they just do needed maintenance for a morning, build target frames, etc.  

You can also volunteer for club jobs as they open up such as membership, newsletter editor etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top