Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 2:59:44 PM EDT
Are there any rules on this, or can I send a lower to my parents in PA where I can keep it a "real" assault weapon?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just have your dad purchase a lower for $90 and then save it for you in PA.  Meanwhile, register the one you have here.  

BTW, we will win this in court and we will be able to add all the evil features we desire.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Why send it? Just go buy another one and build a vacation rifle. If your worried about having to register it don't. I registered several back in 2000 and never had a problem with the DOJ. Anyway, "we will be triumphant!"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Prior to registration you and mail it, to yourself care of your dad, USPS.

Once the registtration requirement takes place you must have it shipped by a Cali AW dealer or transport it yourself via POV or check baggage.

Your father buying you a lower as other recomended may be in violation of straw purchase laws as well as the federal laws that state the sale must be legal in both the state taking place and the end users home state.

CWS had lowers today for $160.00 out the door.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Prior to registration you and mail it, to yourself care of your dad, USPS.

Once the registtration requirement takes place you must have it shipped by a Cali AW dealer or transport it yourself via POV or check baggage.

Your father buying you a lower as other recomended may be in violation of straw purchase laws as well as the federal laws that state the sale must be legal in both the state taking place and the end users home state.

CWS had lowers today for $160.00 out the door.

Father can legally purchase the firearm and allow the son to use the rifle.  Father can also give the son the rifle as a gift once the son leaves the state
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys, im definitely going to wait this thing out. I might just have him buy one in PA for me to use when I go back there.  I was at Cabelas and they had 40 round ar mags...it was awesome.

well Ill stick with it and we will prevail.

thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thanks guys, im definitely going to wait this thing out. I might just have him buy one in PA for me to use when I go back there.hey
well Ill stick with it and we will prevail.hanks

If you look at how full of holes the DOJ's memo is it just shows that they're desperate and will be seeing us in a court room in the near future.  Just MAKE SURE you comply with all laws in the meantime so we can file litigation in a conservative county rather than have the issue forced because some dumb*** gets caught with an illegal Assault Weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top