Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2011 1:34:17 PM EDT
I've been shooting gallery rifle and 600-to-900 yards for about 18 months now and have so far have never had to buy a set of scope mounts as the guns I've borrowed or latterly bought have always come with scope rings.

I'm now in the market for a scope to put on my .22lr gallery rifle to replace the red-dot I am currently running and am looking for some help and advice to guide me through the large range of designs/styles/materials/brands/costs of the rings/mounts on the market

I'm asking here as I found the recent 'Mid-price CSR scope' thread very informative and I'd also like to get into CSR in the near future so I can take any thoughts/suggestions forward for when that day comes.

Cheers!

DAVE
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been shooting gallery rifle and 600-to-900 yards for about 18 months now and have so far have never had to buy a set of scope mounts as the guns I've borrowed or latterly bought have always come with scope rings.

I'm now in the market for a scope to put on my .22lr gallery rifle to replace the red-dot I am currently running and am looking for some help and advice to guide me through the large range of designs/styles/materials/brands/costs of the rings/mounts on the market

I'm asking here as I found the recent 'Mid-price CSR scope' thread very informative and I'd also like to get into CSR in the near future so I can take any thoughts/suggestions forward for when that day comes.

Cheers!

DAVE

To get the .22LR to go 900 yards you'll need a 2000 MOA rail

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't mention what the gun is other than a .22 or if you need QD but assuming not, if it's a ruger 10/22 alike then honestly you can't go far wrong with a fairly cheap set from sportsmatch.  I had a set on my 10/22 and I've still got a set on my Marlin which went on probably 3 years ago and haven't moved since, and are unlikely to move for the forseeable.

If you want to spend a bit more then I'd look TPS
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:58:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, what discipline are you going to shoot? And what scope do you have in mind?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry if the first post seemed a bit sparse, I didn't want to overload it!

The gun is a Sig 522 that I use to shoot 25 yard postal comps, assorted gallery rifle scenarios, 100 yards prone and hopefully in 2012 Mini-rifle. There's a picatinny rail on the upper receiver and with the cocking handle on the side eye relief isn't a problem.

To cover this multitude of disciplines I'm going to purchase a Hawke Endurance 30 1.5-6 x 42 as I have plateaued at 1 inch groups at 25 yards with my current red-dot.

I don't think I need/want QD mounts as I'd prefer to fit-and-forget the scope using the magnification range to adjust to the different disciplines I shoot.

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm just trying to fathom if I should spent £15 or £55 on a set of rings so anymore advice is welcome.

Regards.

DAVE
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple of gash sets of warne rings, 1 inch and 30mm
You can have a set for free when you know what scope you're getting
they are more than suitable, I used the 34mm set on my .50 cal
All I ask is you make a donation to H4H or RBL or similar mil charity
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the kind offer!

I've sent you a message.

Cheers.

DAVE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top