Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:53:48 PM EDT
Ok my current set up puts the end of the muzzle even with the end of my 11 inch troy tube. The problem is that I will be running an Ops Inc 16th model which comes back over the barrel.  

My plan was to go with the DD MFR, problem is that the tube will go about an inch past the end of the muzzle.  That won't be a problem when the can is attached but it would not work to well when the can is removed. Icreallymdont want to go shorter as I like the length of my current tube since I have long arms. I have even considered cutting down the MFR to 11 inches.  

Should I just make life easy and work with a shorter tube? Or does someone make an 11 inch tube that will fit an Ops Inc in it with an OD of  1.5 inches?

Yes I tries the SBR forum but didn't get much help.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you thought about it being a pain in the ass to attach and remove the can each time?

Cosmetically this would bother me if the can wasn't on. Not sure if you're semi-femmy about gun appearence like I am.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Have you thought about it being a pain in the ass to attach and remove the can each time?

Cosmetically this would bother me if the can wasn't on. Not sure if you're semi-femmy about gun appearence like I am.

It's a thread on can.

I don't care what it looks like if it works. I guess even with the can removed the muzzle blast of a .223 isn't going to damage a DD rail and if needed could still be used in a pinch.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd personally still go with a shorter rail/tube.

My 10.5" has a DD RIS II on it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a thread on can.    

I don't care what it looks like if it works. I guess even with the can removed the muzzle blast of a .223 isn't going to damage a DD rail and if needed could still be used in a pinch.

I pulled up images of MFR. As someone who manipulates flame for a living, no way I'm firing that thing with the muzzle that far inside the tube.

Unless you plan on NEVER firing it without the can*, get a shorter tube.

*You could always one-hand it like Rambo.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The Samson Evo Rails will allow most suppressors to fit inside, with a 1.56" inside diameter.  here

Here's a pic of an 11"Evo on an 11.5" barrel.

(In order to give credit to the arfcom poster, http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/532990_11_5_PICTURE_WITH_11INCH_AND_10_INCH_RAIL.html)

Also some of the Spikes rails will fit a suppressor inside, but I don't think they have an 11".  Do you think an 11" rail will be short enough with the 11" barrel/ comp?

I'm in the process of changing my sbr up at the moment myself and was curious about a similar problem.  Currently a 10.5" barrel w/ 7" rail and fsb.  Looking for either an 11" rail/ 11.5" barrel (exactly like pictured above) or a 12.37" Evo and 12.5" barrel.  An AAC 18T brake will be at the end.

Here's an OP's 15th, on a 9" Troy here

Best bet may be to custom cut the one you have.  Start just behind the muzzle brake and cut more as needed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Or does someone make an 11 inch tube that will fit an Ops Inc in it with an OD of  1.5 inches? [/div][div]

How about this....
Samson Evolution 11" Rail

ETA: Beat by 3:30
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
That's an option.  I will have to do some for research on it.  It sure is ugly though
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still leaning towards the DD and always running a can.  I don't really ever have a reason to run it without.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Rainier Arms has a branded Samson Evo rail using a different pattern if you don't like the original.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm still leaning towards the DD and always running a can.  I don't really ever have a reason to run it without.

Make sure you take it off after every session, I remember Bookhound I think posting an M42K that someone left on the gun for awhile and it basically welded itself to the mount.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure you take it off after every session, I remember Bookhound I think posting an M42K that someone left on the gun for awhile and it basically welded itself to the mount.  

Yeah I have heard that's important.

The price on that Samson is also very tempting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a buddy's 300BLK with Op's I remember seeing on Accurate Ordnance's fb.  

here

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Seekins makes a tube with a 1.75" inside diameter, but there is not an 11" option (just 7, 9, 12, 15).  http://www.seekinsprecision.com/quad-rails-hand-guards/mcsr-mod-quad-rail.html/

If you want the suppressor inside the tube, you might want to reasearch the Rainier/Samson option some because I have read of flexing issues with the tight diameter over a can.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Seekins makes a tube with a 1.75" inside diameter, but there is not an 11" option (just 7, 9, 12, 15).  http://www.seekinsprecision.com/quad-rails-hand-guards/mcsr-mod-quad-rail.html/

If you want the suppressor inside the tube, you might want to reasearch the Rainier/Samson option some because I have read of flexing issues with the tight diameter over a can.

Yeah I am seeing some of that.  I am very tempted to buy the DD MFR and just take an inch off the end of it.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#15]
how about a thread on extended flash hider???

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By t :

how about a thread on extended flash hider???

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/440x330/primary/275/275983.jpg
I wouldn't want to have to remove the Ops Brake any time I decide I want to shoot with out.  I think I am going to go with th MFR and just trim it down an inch.  That way th can will be slightly recessed but I can still run the gun with the can off.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top