Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:10:47 PM EDT
anyone see the graphic on packing.org?  it says for saratoga county, "impossible" to obtain...this just means for CCW not just regular pistol permit of course?

also can anyone help me out exactly what I have to do in this process to get a permit?

I just stop down town hall and get a packet that i have to fill out basically?  then get a few references and then submit that?  any courses I have to take?  what kind of fees for all that?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
more info I found:

General notes

Date updated: Jul 29, 2005 @ 11:43:13 pm EDT

I found all of the people that I had to deal with to be most accommodating and pleasant.

The training course is a joke and of no use whatsoever. I was told that the class was going to change to be 3 nights instead of 1 night. We were not taught any safety information at all by the instructors. They spent time on the types of pistols and ammunition and how to clean the gun. This class is required to get a the CCW.
Application process

Date updated: Jul 29, 2005 @ 11:43:50 pm EDT

DO NOT PUT DOWN THE REASON FOR CCW AS SELF DEFENSE.... When you apply it is suggested that the reason be for hunting and target. You are required to have been a Saratoga County resident for at least 1 year. You will need 4 references who also reside in the county, relatives are okay. References who already have a permit make the process go faster. They will need to sign the application which needs to be filled out in triplicate and all be original, no copies. All references must sign the applications. They in turn will receive a form from the Sheriff which will need to be filled out and returned within 10 days of receipt. When your applications are complete you will need to appear in person with 4 passport photos, a 5.00 personal check made out to the Saratoga County Sheriffs Department (it better not bounce) and a $74.50 US Postal money order only which goes to the New York State Department of Criminal Justice. You will get a 10 minute interview and finger printed 5 times. On the three applications and 2 FBI cards. You will be told to attend a pistol safety course that costs $3.00 to attend. It will be 1 night for 4 hours and is offered 1 time a month. Then you wait...........and wait, and wait up to 6 months. Typically the wait is 12 to 16 weeks. Saratoga County has a shall issue mentality, and according to statistics issues to 98% off all applicants.

The CCW you will receive will be stamped in ink :

"FOR TARGET AND HUNTING ONLY"

Oh boy, don't get caught carrying to the supermarket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top