Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 5:38:06 PM EDT
So it is spring time. The birds are going nuts. Even at night.

Fuck.

We have a covey of quails in our yard. There were eight chicks, now there are two.

I pulled four of the chicks out of a drain pipe.

I was wondering why the quail were on the roof.

This is the way the World works.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My pet hummingbird is working on her nest on my patio again. Looks like we'll have another clutch of babies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My pet hummingbird is working on her best on my patio again. Looks like we'll have another clutch of babies.
View Quote
We have a hummingbird that pulls into our faces whenever we get close.

The quails break my heart.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My pet hummingbird is working on her best on my patio again. Looks like we'll have another clutch of babies.

That does suck. It's neat to have the whole little family running around the yard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a couple baby quail drown in the water trough I have out for everything wild. Put rocks in it so they'd be able to keep their heads above water and climb out. Watched a clutch of 16 eggs disappear slowly until I caught a bull snake with the last one. Let him have it.  Doves are lousy nest builders and I get to watch them them blow apart off everything they've built them on including an outdoor welding table. I've had 4 nests worth of doves hatch there though. The work around them didn't seem to bother them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I had a couple baby quail drown in the water trough I have out for everything wild. Put rocks in it so they'd be able to keep their heads above water and climb out. Watched a clutch of 16 eggs disappear slowly until I caught a bull snake with the last one. Let him have it.  Doves are lousy nest builders and I get to watch them them blow apart off everything they've built them on including an outdoor welding table. I've had 4 nests worth of doves hatch there though. The work around them didn't seem to bother them.
View Quote
Doves have to be the stupidest birds on this planet.

The quail situation breaks my heart. We even tried to make the area safe for them.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've watched a dove build a nest in our ficus tree in the backyard. She doesn't seem worried about the 4 dogs below.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, then hen is back. She had two chicks following her around the courtyard this morning.

I really wanted to see the others grow up.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have seven different coveys coming in to a block and water. The biggest problem they face here is roadrunners. They are absolute hell on baby quail.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a shitload of quail around my place. Feel free to take them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#10]
baby ducks and turtles in all the area ponds are the ones that make me sad, mostly because the turtles are usually worthless invasive pests and well baby ducks are cute.  And maybe that duck could make a sportsman's day when they have grown up.  vs. wtf are you going to do with a turtle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

baby ducks and turtles in all the area ponds are the ones that make me sad, mostly because the turtles are usually worthless invasive pests and well baby ducks are cute.  And maybe that duck could make a sportsman's day when they have grown up.  vs. wtf are you going to do with a turtle.
View Quote

Hmmmmmm......

BLOOP!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top