Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:29:53 AM EDT
I know it's only been 10-Days since the last shoot, however we have an excellent opportunity which is being presented to us.  We all know what happened on September 11th, 2001, and I don't really need to recount the days events.  In remembrance of the day however we will be holding another "Informal Shoot" to commemorate the days events, the lives that were lost, and the events that followed.  More or less we're going to shoot, eat, and have fun again.

The last shoot, though hot, was a lot of fun and those who came had a blast.  There were the normal Class III's, Hot Dogs, Chips, Drinks, Gun Shot Residue, and that great tent setup by Stang1 and his "better-half".   This will be our 6th "Organized Informal".  Below you will find all the information you will need to plan ahead for this fun activity.  Hope to see you there!
----------

When
Sunday, September 11th, 9:00 AM

Where (see directions below)
Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area Shooting Range
29200 Tucker Grade Road
Punta Gorda, FL 33955.
Phone: 941-575-5768

Cost (per person)
$3.00 per person at the unattended entrance (there's a yellow post)
----------

Maps and Directions

From North
Head south on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn left on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

From South
Head north on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn right on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

Directions To the Range
Stop at the Entrance (sign and Yellow Post to your right)
After paying the park entrance fee, continue straight on the dirt road.
About 1/2 mile down the dirt road, you will see the Ranges on the left.

When pulling into the Ranges, you will see three (3) ranges.  The first one is the long range, second is the Pistol and Rifle Range, and the very end will be the Shotgun Range.  We will be gathered and shooting at the second range for pistols and rifles.
--------------------

During our last shoot, the heat was unforgiving, but the day was fun nonetheless.  Hopefully the weather is slightly cooler next time around.  Make sure you bring plenty of fluids just in case it is  

Video of the last Informal.

In commemoration of the 9/11 date,
I will be handing out a "certain something"
to each of the attendee's who come.

See You All There!!!

Left to right; Tributes of Light as seen looking north from Gateway Plaza and the Temporary WTC memorial in Battery Park, the Fritz Koenig sculpture, which once
stood in the center of the WTC plaza, and which survived September 11 (although battered).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
you SUCK dude, I already made plans to go to Tally!

BASTARD
J/K- I'll forgive you THIS time
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I know.... they're usually set for 4 - 6 weeks in advance so ppl can plan accordingly.  It just came up w/ the great suggestion by Josh.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
well... its the due date for my kid.. if im not head deep in diapers ill try to go. unfortinatly i also have to work.  well that sucks, ill see what i can do. i REALLY want to go.......aza
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm there!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't make it last time, so this time I"M IN!!!!!   I'll bring some drinks.   What drinks do you all like?   Andy
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What drinks do you all like?

Water water water.  Stick a chocolate milk in there though, and I'll be your best friend forever!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya'll ain't right
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Ill try but works been cutting into my shooting time lately.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Doh... May bad.  

There... much better!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
well... its the due date for my kid.. if im not head deep in diapers ill try to go. unfortinatly i also have to work.  well that sucks, ill see what i can do. i REALLY want to go.......aza

Oh thats right your baby is going to hatch around that time. i have an extra pair of ear muffs

J

thanks cupcake.  

im already ahead of you, extra muffs(dillion), 511 shooting diapers w/ matching "spikes" tack hat and bootys, w/ 511 bib. and the father and law found a pink chipmunk and might present it right after the birth.  if not ive got my eye on a little .22 rifle..    well we will see. ive got the stogies if she comes a little early, and im let out of the house by the misses(dead eye with her sig 229). the partys over (for a while)
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If you don't come, I'll have Tom drop off the leftovers at your house......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't come, I'll have Tom drop off the leftovers at your house......

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not doing any video on this one.  Just a few pics.  I'm going to actually get some shooting in this time around.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#22]
WTF??!? No video! It was my turn to pick out the music! This sucks, I had it all worked out....Toby Kieth(We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way!), Lee Greenwood(Proud to be an American), Chris Ledeux(This old hat), Charlie Daniels(In America).........F**K!
J/K!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Come now Jeff.  Lying isn't becoming of us.  We all know what band you really love.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]
UBL and (GHWB)Saddam(GHWB) Targets inbound from Rguns.net.

heheheheheh!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Tom I got the last shoot on DVD what happened to the hurricane shoot?

I'm putting together something else which I will send out in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Tom, thank you very much for the DVD!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
gentlemen ( i use that term loosely ) unfortunately i will unable to attend the 9/11 shoot. Azathoth's wife will be having a baby anywhere from now  until the 12th. So his vacation has started early. What this means is i get 19 days straight with out a day off starting Saturday. I was hoping she could hold out until after the shoot. Oh well.

J

sorry aim but i asked her to pintch it off for a week but she gave me that evil look and started reaching for things(deadly things)... you could still go BEFORE work.  just an idea. i know dont say it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
sorry aim but i asked her to pintch it off for a week but she gave me that evil look and started reaching for things(deadly things)... you could still go BEFORE work.  just an idea. i know dont say it...

What number child is this for you bro?  Congrats BTW!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What number child is this for you bro?  Congrats BTW!!!

the first, if it dont' come out on its own, they will induce on the 12th, it was going to be the 22nd. i got shafted out of my last week of freedom.

NOTICE
aim4mypubes  might be a little (more) agitated in the next couple of weeks, he will be covering for me at work. somthing like 17 days in a row, he WILL be a sourpuss in combat boots, the last time someone went on vacation we were having nervious twitching and humming along to muzak.  i apologize in advance but he does not kennel well....

ps: what? "btw" sorry i am a computer dumb a$$
pps: damn r/b6 lockdown comes out this week too. anyone getting it for x-box? not like im going to get to try it...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Do yall shoot pistols too, or just rifles?  I was thinking of bringing my Wilson CQB along with my Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Do yall shoot pistols too, or just rifles?  I was thinking of bringing my Wilson CQB along with my Bushmaster.

We shoot pretty much anything that propels projectiles.
Last time, someone brought an airsoft handgun with neon green grips!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#33]
We shoot it all! Rifles, pistols, shotties...we make fun of the other shooters behind their backs....eat, take pics(I think Tom is closet BATF), tell lies about all the wimmin we been with, spit on the ground.....all fun stuff!

The UBL and Saddam targets are in!!!

jj
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Last time, someone brought an airsoft handgun with neon green grips!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
gentlemen ( i use that term loosely ) unfortunately i will unable to attend the 9/11 shoot. Azathoth's wife will be having a baby anywhere from now  until the 12th. So his vacation has started early. What this means is i get 19 days straight with out a day off starting Saturday. I was hoping she could hold out until after the shoot. Oh well.

Tom I got the last shoot on DVD what happened to the hurricane shoot?

J

Waaaahhhhhh...awah, awah, waaaaahhhhhhh!!!

funny, I call the range and guess what............Somebody is off for two days!!!!!!

Don't think for a minute that you get off easy on this site. We will bust stones relentlessly!!

jj

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Don't think for a minute that you get off easy on this site. We will bust stones relenlessly!!

Even to the point of spelling relentlessly wrong!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Man I wish I could be there, but not with being 3+ a gallon

I will (hopefully) catch y'all on the next one though
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#38]
i'll be there too. i got the grill again!

oh and punani thats a .45 not an air soft gun!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:03:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
i'll be there too. i got the grill again!

oh and punani thats a .45 not an air soft gun!

right......  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#40]

A "Certain Something"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/Picture.jpg
A "Certain Something"

Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#42]
are most of you guys from ft. myers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Venice here!

But, I'll be moving down to Englewood tonight, since my apartment has smoke damage from the fire the renters 3 doors down started last night....
Assholes.
Who would let a toddler play with a candle? Who would leave a toddler alone with a candle?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody hear from Osprey21 lately?
Is he coming sunday?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Anybody hear from Osprey21 lately?
Is he coming sunday?

I checked, he has been on the site....but no response to the thread.

Calling him out usually works.
What's up Osprey? Mommy won't let you outside to play?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Port Charlotte  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#47]
North Port
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#48]
O.K. Team. 23.5 hours and counting. I'll brang some soda's and Enemy targets. I have a new toy. A Saiga 7.62. I am thinking of having it converted "evil". Anyone coming have any AK Knowledge? I have zero, but that is not much less than my AR knowlege(insert ball busting).

See ya there!jj
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#49]
We're having a Birthday Party today for our youngest daughter (just turned one) and there's A LOT of food.  I'll bring whatever is left over.  Yes you guys are even worthy enough for my leftovers!  

Just finished doing what I do.  I should have enough... ya think?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#50]
do i need to bring the grill?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top