Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2011 1:29:21 PM EDT
Anyone from here going?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, going to ACGG show at Nugget, surprised they aren't combined.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What is SCI? I saw a few guys in Reno yesterday with SCI passes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What is SCI? I saw a few guys in Reno yesterday with SCI passes.

Safari club international.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
SCI is private indusry show......you have to know somebody to get a pass (wich is probably pretty easy)

My Mom works at Animal Artistry here in Reno, and offered to let me use her pass over the last few years.....but I've never gone.

Looks interesting though ??
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Unlike SHOT, SCI is open to the public.

All you have to do is pay $55.00 for an SCI membership and then $130.00 for a one day pass to the show.

At $185.00, I don't think I will be running down there.  Too bad since it looks like fun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SCI is private indusry show......you have to know somebody to get a pass (wich is probably pretty easy)

My Mom works at Animal Artistry here in Reno, and offered to let me use her pass over the last few years.....but I've never gone.

Wrong!  Be a member and pay the fee for the show.
Awesome show btw.  Tons of high-end firearms to look at and some incredible taxidermy

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
yeah aren't they advertising a $10 off coupon at most gun shops like scheels/sportsmans/cabelas?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yeah aren't they advertising a $10 off coupon at most gun shops like scheels/sportsmans/cabelas?

That's the wild sheep show in a few weeks.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I get to go to this show next year when it is in Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are a serious hunter and/or gun enthusiast, this show should be on your bucket list.  There are some insane guns there that none of us could ever afford that are serious pieces of craftmanship.  

Also, if you are planning on dropping some coin on a big hunt (i.e. overseas somewhere), it is well worth it to go to SCI and shop for a taxidermist.  When I was planning my trip to South Africa, I listened to some wise words from my guide (PH) and went to SCI, and went down to SA a week early to get acclimated to the time change and make a trip to a game reserve to start learning how to judge the game I was planning on hunting.  I arrived at camp well rested and with my eyes sharpened up on what trophy animals should look like up close and personal.  He gave me some sage advice for sure and my hunt was out of this world
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong!  Be a member and pay the fee for the show.
Awesome show btw.  Tons of high-end firearms to look at and some incredible taxidermy

Sorry guys I guess it is open to public for insane amount of $$'s.................I guess I'll have to steal my moms pass this year !!
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]
SCI is an incredible show of all the "hunting life" and adventures availible worldwide.  You would be amazed at some of the faces you would recognize while attending such a convention.  Authors and famous faces abound, not mine of course, but you get the picture.  If you watch the various outdoor channel hunting shows you would be sure to recognize many of those participants.  Years ago when I walked up to the Ruger booth, Bill Ruger himself was working the public.  It's was that kind of show.  Now it's bigger and more densely packed, not quite as exclusive however.

308sako is life member #358 of SCI.  My second favorite short action caliber!  It was in a Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Isn't Sarah Palin speaking this year at SCI ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Isn't Sarah Palin speaking this year at SCI ?

Yes, Saturday night.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow what a show!
And family oriented, too!  Can't remember the last time I saw so many Grampa's taking their 20-to40 something granddaughter's to a show to teach them about hunting!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow what a show!
And family oriented, too!  Can't remember the last time I saw so many Grampa's taking their 20-to40 something granddaughter's to a show to teach them about hunting!

I have heard that from a handful of people
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's my brief writeup on the show, I normally cover local MMA and Boxing Events, but recently picked up a Firearms Column:
http://www.examiner.com/firearms-in-reno/safari-club-show-reno-a-hunter-s-paradise
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top