Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:44:42 PM EDT
  Has anyone tried to SBR a rifle or get a silencer in Washington county UT? I'd like to SBR a rifle and finish a Yugo M92 in its original length, short. Just wondering if the chief or sheriff is friendly to that sort of thing paperwork wise.

I'm also looking for a good Smith or FFL in or near Saint George, any recommendations?
Thanks, Hellcat
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you with the SBR issue, but FFLs I have had good luck with include Statewide Pawn on Sunset and A-Pawn on Tabernacle.  Dixie Gun & Fish chages a minimal flat fee for transfers.  I don't believe that there are any gunsmiths in town other than www.bullberry.com, and they are oriented towards Thompson Encores and Contenders.  They do some work on bolt guns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the good info imposter. Ya Bob has been good to deal with. I'm ordering a few receivers and looking for a little cheaper transfer fee than what he charges.

Still wondering if anyone has any experience with the chief or sheriff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I shouldn't think that you should have any great difficulty with Sheriff Smith.  If you have all your paperwork in line (whatever that may be never really looked into it) shouldn't be a big deal.  Couldn't say for any of the police chiefs for sure but none of them have ever struck me as the type to make a big fuss over that sort of thing.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top