Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:44:42 PM EST
Has anyone tried to SBR a rifle or get a silencer in Washington county UT? I'd like to SBR a rifle and finish a Yugo M92 in its original length, short. Just wondering if the chief or sheriff is friendly to that sort of thing paperwork wise.

I'm also looking for a good Smith or FFL in or near Saint George, any recommendations?
Thanks, Hellcat
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:03:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 11:31:21 AM EST by imposter]
Can't help you with the SBR issue, but FFLs I have had good luck with include Statewide Pawn on Sunset and A-Pawn on Tabernacle. Dixie Gun & Fish chages a minimal flat fee for transfers. I don't believe that there are any gunsmiths in town other than www.bullberry.com, and they are oriented towards Thompson Encores and Contenders. They do some work on bolt guns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:40:29 PM EST
Thanks for the good info imposter. Ya Bob has been good to deal with. I'm ordering a few receivers and looking for a little cheaper transfer fee than what he charges.

Still wondering if anyone has any experience with the chief or sheriff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:38:39 PM EST
I shouldn't think that you should have any great difficulty with Sheriff Smith. If you have all your paperwork in line (whatever that may be never really looked into it) shouldn't be a big deal. Couldn't say for any of the police chiefs for sure but none of them have ever struck me as the type to make a big fuss over that sort of thing.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top