Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 10:18:25 AM EDT
Well, I have gathered that you guys have some issues with rugers and maglites. If you don't mind me asking, whats wrong with them?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
This should be good.

I have the same problem with Maglights and my buffer spring.  The sound is so distracting

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Time to get out the popcorn and have a seat
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I have gathered that you guys have some issues with rugers and maglites. If you don't mind me asking, whats wrong with them?

Nothing, but you'll hear other wise.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No hablo inglés.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What was that Rolling Stones song  "Honky Something Woman"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Maglites suck, who the hell want's to change batteries all the time, not to mention their substandard beam and brightness? The Streamlight SL20 is the best choice, and can be custom tuned to a flat, but solid "E" note.

And I don't hate Rugers, they're made in America by Americans. Their designs are outdated, but I'll take one over a Taurus anyday.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You mean the one about the White on Latin Hate Crime?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Que?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No hablo inglés.

No Importa, Gracias a Tio Sam, Yo puedo hablar con los conquistadors.  Y Mi Esposa tambien

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya'll are a bunch of shit strirrers.  

IBTL

ETA:  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Maglites suck, who the hell want's to change batteries all the time, not to mention their substandard beam and brightness?

I'm confused. I thought Maglites were used for... oh, wait, they work as a flashlight, too!?!?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, whats wrong with them?

BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'll take "Rock Music" for 100, Alex.

The answer is:  the hit Rolling Stones song was named "Honky ______  Woman".
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maglites suck, who the hell want's to change batteries all the time, not to mention their substandard beam and brightness? The Streamlight SL20 is the best choice, and can be custom tuned to a flat, but solid "E" note.

And I don't hate Rugers, they're made in America by Americans. Their designs are outdated, but I'll take one over a Taurus anyday.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've been here too long. I got both!

I love my Taurus PT-957 in 357Sig. It have never, ever had a malfunction of any kind. I have shot the hell out of it using some pretty hot hand loads that crono at 1350 fps with  125gr Gold Dots. Several thousand rounds down the tube without a hiccup. It's also my carry gun and I trust it more than any other semi I've ever  used.

The GP-100 was a Christmas gift to my wife.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I would definitely take a Taurus auto over a Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't even consider taking a Taurus Semi-Auto over a Ruger. Well unless I wanted a gun that drops it's magazine at random without even hitting the mag release or a gun that's rear sight isn't even staked properly so the rear sight came loose and moves side to side after every shot.

A friend of mine has a Taurus PT945 and it the biggest piece of shit handgun ever to sell for over $80. His mag falls out randomly for no reason, jams sometimes and the rear sight came loose and slides all over the place, at least he was smart enough to quit using it. Yeah it's a great gun, way better than any Ruger. The frame mounted controls really help on a fucking gun that you can't even shoot.

This pile of shit. www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=945SSNS&category=Pistol
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wouldn't even consider taking a Taurus Semi-Auto over a Ruger. Well unless I wanted a gun that drops it's magazine at random without even hitting the mag release or a gun that's rear sight isn't even staked properly so the rear sight came loose and moves side to side after every shot.

A friend of mine has a Taurus PT945 and it the biggest piece of shit handgun ever to sell for over $80. His mag falls out randomly for no reason, jams sometimes and the rear sight came loose and slides all over the place, at least he was smart enough to quit using it. Yeah it's a great gun, way better than any Ruger. The frame mounted controls really help on a fucking gun that you can't even shoot.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif

This pile of shit. www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=945SSNS&category=Pistol

ever hear of taurus's warranty?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]
... Nothing is completely worthless - it can always serve as a bad example
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ever hear of taurus's warranty?

Uhh....  Oly has a lifetime warranty.  But I wouldn't take one for FREE, Mang!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

A friend of mine has a Taurus PT945 and it the biggest piece of shit handgun ever to sell for over $80. His mag falls out randomly for no reason, jams sometimes and the rear sight came loose and slides all over the place, at least he was smart enough to quit using it. Yeah it's a great gun, way better than any Ruger. The frame mounted controls really help on a fucking gun that you can't even shoot.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif

1. The spring on the mag release is probably broken. Shit happens sometimes.
2. A 45ACP that jams sometimes? Say it ain't so! I found that a little polishing on the feed ramp and chamber of my 1911 with a dremel tool and some jewelers rouge went a long way in fixing that problem.
3. 1/2 drop of Lock-tite in the dovetail will fix the rear sight.

I had a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch  rifle that the mag would fall out of occasionally. The cheap ass, nearly impossible to adjust rear sight didn't move around, but that wouldn't have made a difference anyway, because the  bullet never impacted in the same zip code twice. And the little stamped steel plate on the side of the receiver was bent wrong so it wouldn't eject all the time until I figured out what was causing the problem and bent it with a pair of pliers to fix it. Does that mean all the Ruger products are pieces of shit? No. I think their revolvers are great. Their semi-auto pistols seem to work okay too. Even if they do look like thay were shit at and hit.

Tell your friend I'll give him $100 for the Taurus.  I'll even pay for the shipping and FFL charges on both ends.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
... Nothing is completely worthless - it can always serve as a bad example

That's good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. The spring on the mag release is probably broken. Shit happens sometimes.
2. A 45ACP that jams sometimes? Say it ain't so! I found that a little polishing on the feed ramp and chamber of my 1911 with a dremel tool and some jewelers rouge went a long way in fixing that problem.
3. 1/2 drop of Lock-tite in the dovetail will fix the rear sight.

I had a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch  rifle that the mag would fall out of occasionally. The cheap ass, nearly impossible to adjust rear sight didn't move around, but that wouldn't have made a difference anyway, because the  bullet never impacted in the same zip code twice. And the little stamped steel plate on the side of the receiver was bent wrong so it wouldn't eject all the time until I figured out what was causing the problem and bent it with a pair of pliers to fix it. Does that mean all the Ruger products are pieces of shit? No. I think their revolvers are great. Their semi-auto pistols seem to work okay too. Even if they do look like thay were shit at and hit.

Tell your friend I'll give him $100 for the Taurus.  I'll even pay for the shipping and FFL charges on both ends.

I'll tell him about your offer, he'll probably take it since it's just a conversation piece now anyway. He lives here in AZ so you wouldn't have to pay FFL charges.

I understand some guns have problems, but right out of the box the magazine wouldn't stay in, the jams weren't non-stop, that really isn't a big deal I guess, although I should add my Ruger doesn't jam ever and the rear sight issue is pretty big if you ask me, can it be fixed? Sure, but it shouldn't need lock-tite. On my Ruger, there's a set screw that keeps it tight, a much better design in my opinion.

I don't think all Taurus guns suck, I had a Tracker .357 mag, it was a nice gun. I only sold it because I needed some cash at the time. I wish I still had it. I was simply bringing up what a piece of shit this particular Taurus was, you know to counter the non-stop "I think Ruger is shit, but I have no evidence because I've never even owned one" stuff that's so common here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Name me one gun manucturer that that has a 100% reliability in every gun they produce.

Like any other industry the manufacturers will have their problem children. Its how many of them they have and what actions they take to rectify the situation when it does happen that matters.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a taurus pt99 and I love it, NEVER jammed or ejected the clip. It's old as hell too. The rear sight does suck though, the head of the screw ripped off on me, but I sent it in and am still waiting to get it back. My dad has a mini-14 and I used to take it shooting before I got my AR, It had one clip that would always jam every 2 shots, but that was a clip, other than that it worked fine, no issue with the sights, it is also an old gun (older than me). So as for recent production from either brand I am clueless
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a broken mag light.  The POS button came off for no reason.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I have a taurus pt99 and I love it, NEVER jammed or ejected the clip. It's old as hell too. The rear sight does suck though, the head of the screw ripped off on me, but I sent it in and am still waiting to get it back. My dad has a mini-14 and I used to take it shooting before I got my AR, It had one magazine that would always jam every 2 shots, but that was a magazine, other than that it worked fine, no issue with the sights, it is also an old gun (older than me). So as for recent production from either brand I am clueless

Fixed it for you!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hello,

Your local neato Mod here.

Just wanted to say hello and see how y'all are doing.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hello,

Welcome aboard, Sailor!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Hello,

What? You running out of maglite threads to lock?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I wonder how this one missed the lock frenzy by the mods
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow, it's a rare dog owner that can identify his dog from a picture of that angle.  I couldn't do it for any of mine.  I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
tag
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Nah...don't want to risk being banned so the post has been edited
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a taurus pt99 and I love it, NEVER jammed or ejected the clip. It's old as hell too. The rear sight does suck though, the head of the screw ripped off on me, but I sent it in and am still waiting to get it back. My dad has a mini-14 and I used to take it shooting before I got my AR, It had one magazine that would always jam every 2 shots, but that was a magazine, other than that it worked fine, no issue with the sights, it is also an old gun (older than me). So as for recent production from either brand I am clueless

Fixed it for you!

Vulcan94

oh, thanks for the correction, I thought magazines were handguns and clips were rifles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top