Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2005 12:11:30 PM EDT
I saw this guy's commercial today on TV.  He wants to run for gov.

Anyone heard of him?

He wants to be "a better reformer" than Blago, calls Blago someone that "breaks promises" etc.

Anyone heard of him?  What area is he familliar with?

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't even worry about it. Anyone who starts campaigning this early has no chance anyway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.

Thanks for the opinions.

He just lost my "support".

Do you all think very highly of Ray LaHood still?

I know that Dan Rutherford is one of the good guys, but I think he's working his way up in gov't till he wants to be Gov.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Gidwitz looks like he should be wearing the checkered pants with the white belt and white shoes and a silk shirt opened at the neck to show a bucnh of cheap gold chains.

I don't know anything about Gidwitz but he looks like a slimeball.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I still like Oberweis.  Hopefully he can sell politics like he sells ice cream!

Seriously, if we can get someone to work upstate and downstate we'll be great in defeating Blago.  

Thanks for the opinions.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just found out that I will be meting mr. Lahood on Aug. 8th.  I will definitely pump him for his standings on the 2nd amendment, and his view point on CCW.  As well as some more personal issues such as how to return the stolen money to the state pensions and prevent anyone from ever stealing it again.

If you guys have big questions you would like me to ask him, let me know.  

You're meeting him?

Cool!

I was gonna ask you to ask him about CCW, but I already saw that.

Are ya gonna ask him about gun control?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just found out that I will be meting mr. Lahood on Aug. 8th.  I will definitely pump him for his standings on the 2nd amendment, and his view point on CCW.  As well as some more personal issues such as how to return the stolen money to the state pensions and prevent anyone from ever stealing it again.

You're meeting him?

Cool!

Of course I'm gonna ask him about gun control.

Do you talk to legislators often Cody? I am just curious as to why you're meeting LaHood.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have any concrete recollection about this, but from the last gov race, i thought that Oberweis was a bit weak on 2nd A.  I have family in the area where Lahood is from and I think he is a bit better on 2A issues, but this is all from memory.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're meeting him?

Cool!

Do you talk to legislators often Cody? I am just curious as to why you're meeting LaHood.  

Can't say that I do.  The only legislator I ever talked to regularly was Larry Walsh, state senator from my area.  The only reason I talked to him was we had alot of mutual friends, and often drank at the same establishment in Manhattan,Il.

Lahood is the keynote speaker for a conference I'm part of.  I'm sure he doesn't expect to have to play 20 Questions, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him, right?

I don't have any concrete recollection about this, but from the last gov race, i thought that Oberweis was a bit weak on 2nd A. I have family in the area where Lahood is from and I think he is a bit better on 2A issues, but this is all from memory.

I honestly don't know where he stands on all second amendment rights.  Unforunately in this state that is made a small part of the election unless you mention taking away the right to hunt or restrict shotguns.  Hopefully with either of these men running we can make this an issue and maybe get some of the southern Dems to come to the side of good.

LaHood's my guy--he's been very solid in the US House. Recommend without reservation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're meeting him?

Cool!

Can't say that I do.  The only legislator I ever talked to regularly was Larry Walsh, state senator from my area.  The only reason I talked to him was we had alot of mutual friends, and often drank at the same establishment in Manhattan,Il.

Lahood is the keynote speaker for a conference I'm part of.  I'm sure he doesn't expect to have to play 20 Questions, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him, right?

I don't have any concrete recollection about this, but from the last gov race, i thought that Oberweis was a bit weak on 2nd A. I have family in the area where Lahood is from and I think he is a bit better on 2A issues, but this is all from memory.

I honestly don't know where he stands on all second amendment rights.  Unforunately in this state that is made a small part of the election unless you mention taking away the right to hunt or restrict shotguns.  Hopefully with either of these men running we can make this an issue and maybe get some of the southern Dems to come to the side of good.

LaHood's my guy--he's been very solid in the US House. Recommend without reservation.

It'll be interesting to see who gets in the race.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top