Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 1:54:59 PM EDT
Is there a rifle match being ran by Van Treek this Sat at the club?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
According to my RCLRC newsletter: yes.  Van Treck is running a rifle match Oct. 1 and Dave C. is running a Sniper Match on Oct 2.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
One was the "hunters" match. It's shot at 200 yards, why I don't know the average distance for a deer kill in Wisconsin is something like 70-75 yards. I was thnking about shooting it last year till I found out I couldn't use my deer guns. Actually the only deer gun I could hve used would have been the opne that I use the least, my savage 111 in 06. If you use say an SKS as yer primary rifle, you still couldn't use it in the "hunters" match. Kinda turned me off to the match which started as a fun match and it didn't matter wht gun you used as long as it was yer hunting rifle.

The other one was the sniper match and I wouldn't exactly call it a sniper match. No unknown distance shooting at all. Everything is shot at 300 and 600 yards. I worked the pits for it my first year in the club. Other then a couple nice AR10s it wasn't anything spectacular and was kinda disapointing. It could be a really good match if the right people put the COF together and actually worked in the need to actually do and work sniping related skills. But it's basicly shooting F-class at a highpower match execpt you get a couple shoot/no shoot targets, and targets are only exposed for a couple seconds and you have one mover stage, but the movers don't move all that far. Anyway it could be better and more challenging I think.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...I wouldn't exactly call it a sniper match...

Key word is "match".  It's for "snipers", as the targets aren't 4' wide bullseyes.

Yeah, you're right: it's F-class with s/ns and a few moving targets.  From what I've heard, it's open to all, but most shooters are MIL/LEO with their spotters.

I was hoping that we were gonna have AO ready for this one.  Maybe I'll make her go watch while I'm working.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...I wouldn't exactly call it a sniper match...

Key word is "match".  It's for "snipers", as the targets aren't 4' wide bullseyes.

Yeah, you're right: it's F-class with s/ns and a few moving targets.  From what I've heard, it's open to all, but most shooters are MIL/LEO with their spotters.

I was hoping that we were gonna have AO ready for this one.  Maybe I'll make her go watch while I'm working.

When I worked it there were two military and 3 LEO guys, the rest of them were all club highpower shooters. Our facility really isn't set up for what I would consider a propper sniper match.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it's open to all, but most shooters are MIL/LEO with their spotters.

The last straglers I saw leaving were nowhere near what I'd consider milleo; unless they've really relaxed the apperance regulations
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn kids, quote the whole statement, will ya?

"FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD..."

Of course I heard that from my highpower buddy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top