Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 10:07:20 AM EDT
Next week, we are gonna be by Reno, is the gunshow there this weekend any good?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate to go and see all the GOOD toys and not being able to take any back
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you mean the Crossroads of the west show this coming weekend?

www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

Personally, the ones they have up here in the Bay Area are more like a garage sale / swap meet.  Other than sometimes an ammo deal, I find them to be little more than something to kill some time.

I was going to go to the Big Reno Show, but I agree with m98codered, it sucks to tease yourself when there is no way the the present time you can move out of the state. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Crossroads is a good weekend time waster if you are close, but if you are travelling...wait for the Big Reno Show.

Crossroads has that whole expired medical supplies/beef jerky/leather belt thing going on.

NorCal
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Like NorCal_LEO says, if you're going to make a day of it and need to buy stuff, and want to look at a LOT of firearms, then go to the Big Reno Hilton gunshow in 2 weeks. About 4 times the size and almost none of the crap you see at CA shows.

If you're going to be in Reno this weekend anyway then by all means go to the convention center show. Miwall will have 1 area for ammo there. Most of the big vendors skip the convention center show. It's mostly private parties. Mostly non AR/AK/FAL stuff and more hunting/milsurp/cowboy/antique firearms.

But sometimes you'll find a great deal on something there. Especially on sunday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Last time I went to the Big Reno Show, I didn't see very many guns.

Not an AK to be found
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Next week, we are gonna be by Reno, is the gunshow there this weekend any good?

Oh hell I thought you where talkin about a Janet Reno gun show........
being in Cali and all
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not an AK to be found

Same here....I would say still mostly there are more traditional weapons there.  I would say like 20% Evil weapons.  from what I can remember long ago, it was more like 50/50
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not an AK to be foundhr

I would say like 20% Evil weapons.  from what I can remember long ago, it was more like 50/50

Hey man, that's 20% more than around my neck of the woods. Whats at my local show? Old shit that's been kicked through the gravel, then sat in a puddle for a few years and its gonna blow the barrel the first time you shoot it. For $800. There is ONE exception, one guy who sells good stuff, but he doesn't hit the shows much any more. I'm eagerly looking forward to the Big Reno Show, where I'll be bringing along my brand-new Rhineland R22 to furnish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top