Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 5:24:12 AM EDT
My favorite gun shop T and T unfortunately does not deal with this stuff.  Anyone out there suggest a shop in Nassau or Suffolk that has decent prices and a knowledgeable sales staff ?  I know, I know, the two are mutually exclusive like "military intelligence", but I would like to try and support the locals when its not going to mean I lose my shirt.
(and if that unmentionable shop on 110 in Melville does, please think of another one.)
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Slim pickin's and over priced.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Mark at Hunters Sports on Sunriswe Hwy in Massapequa has some powder and primers at the usual prices, but they keep them in the basement so you have to ask for them.

The Long Island Shooting Center in Islip had a good selection of primers, at least they did 6 months ago.

There's a small sporting goods store in Rockville Centre on the south side of Sunrise towards the east of town.  Stay clear.  they had some stuff, but their prices were almost double the going rate.

I've given up and order all my stuff on line.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]
TRY CALLING CAMPSITE
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get better deals shopping on line . Bruce
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
American Outdoor in Farmingdale has a decent amount of stuff, but nothing is on display so you have to ask a salesman.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]

"(and if that unmentionable shop on 110 in Melville does,
please think of another one.)"

AO in Farmingdale or Melville or wherever they draw the border.  Will not be back in there until they make it into a 7-11.  Those "salespeople" must all be independently wealthy- they NEVER acknowledge your presence unless you are a relative, incestuous or otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I usually go to Coliseum for primers and powder. Comes out about the same after you pay HAZMAT fees for online shipping. The rest i get online.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top