Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:35:46 PM EDT
I just moved to Keller and need a Barber.  Can anyone recommend one to me?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
There's on on Southlake Blvd. 3200 Block just past the Allstate agency on the corner of Southlake Blvd. And County Road 4041.
Caddy Corner to two Water Tanks On the opposide of the road.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I use and really like the guys at Old West Barber Shop.  The shop is located on 377 just south of Judge Beans restuarant in a little strip mall type of building, across the highway from Dollar General.  The guys there are ccw friendly.  The magazines in the waiting area include hunting and fishing stuff as well as NRA magazines, but I don't usually have time to read anything as the guys normally get you right in and out.  They offer all the normal barber shop services scissors, clippers, straight razor shaves, and clean the hair off with compressed air hoses.  Try em out I don't think you'll be dissappointed.  Nice decor too kinda like an old sheriff's or marshal's office with lots of John Wayne stuff around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I use and really like the guys at Old West Barber Shop.  The shop is located on 377 just south of Judge Beans restuarant in a little strip mall type of building, across the highway from Dollar General.  The guys there are ccw friendly.  The magazines in the waiting area include hunting and fishing stuff as well as NRA magazines, but I don't usually have time to read anything as the guys normally get you right in and out.  They offer all the normal barber shop services scissors, clippers, straight razor shaves, and clean the hair off with compressed air hoses.  Try em out I don't think you'll be dissappointed.  Nice decor too kinda like an old sheriff's or marshal's office with lots of John Wayne stuff around.

I saw that one.  Is there a certain guy you recommend in there?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
They're all good John is the owner and has been cutting hair since he came home from the war, can't remember which one off the top of my head, Adam is his son in law and fairly new, Courtney the bigger guy with the red goatee does a really great job with my hair, and there's a newer guy in the shop can't recall his name but I don't know much about him yet.  So IMHO John and Courtney are the best Adam is really good too and don't know about the new guy.  Adam is tall skinny young guy, he and Courtney share the back room and John and the new guy share the front room.  Hope this helps, their prices are about average, less than most more than some; which is alot more than I paid back in Oklahoma before moving here.  I found out after going there for quite a while that John lives just around the corner from me, like two houses down, small world here in North Fort Worth.  Well good luck I know barber shopping can be a PITA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Ever get a strait razor shave? I have wanted one but for wtvr reason haveing a stranger hold a very sharp object near my face kinna frightens me lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually I had one a couple of months ago for the first time and it was really nice man.  Surprisingly relaxing, hey if you can't trust your barber than who in the heck can you trust?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Cox's Barber shop on the South end of town.  I believe he's on Vine just East of 377.  Been going there off and on for years.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there any certain person to ask for, or is just one guy?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
On 377 in Watauga, just south of North Tarrant Pkwy. *They are moving to Main street next to the depot this month in Keller.

Place is called "Back N Time".

http://local.yahoo.com/info-18903288-back-n-time-watauga
It's a traditional shop that does straight-edged shaving, shoe shinning and has old guys playing cards in the back of the shop. :)

/ETA:  I think they are moving into the area next to the Old West shop.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top