Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 5:00:18 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a range in SE WI that is 'Black Gun' friendly?  I live in Kenosha, and I'm just getting back into shooting.  Right now, I only own one pistol, but I plan on expanding starting with an AR-15, likely after my tax refund.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Bristol is an outdoor range by you.

HOWEVER, it is ONE ROUND IN A RIFLE AT A TIME for centerfire rifle. No loaded mags. 5 rounds for handguns. No silhouette targets. No rapid fire.

If you want to zero in a scope, or shoot for accuracy, it's a nice range. they have 25 yard pistol, 50-100-200 yard rifle. RO's are OK, but I have been harrassed by two different ones for owning a "shitty mouse gun".

There is a nice indoor range in Racine for pistol and shotgun named Shooters. I've been shooting there for a couple of years, and it's a great place.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Private club - but not hard to get into (since they have me as a member):

www.dbcl.org
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Pumpkin Center Range.

Outdoors, benches at 50 and 100 yd.
No hip shooting.
Small donation accepted in box at driveway.
Not too bad for next to free.

I shoot at the AD Sutherland chapter of the Izaak Walton League in Fond du Lac. $45.00 per year membership. Covered huts at 25, 75, and 100 yd ranges.
Club is considering putting up a 200 yd hut.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pumpkin Center Range.

Outdoors, benches at 50 and 100 yd.
No hip shooting.
Small donation accepted in box at driveway.
Not too bad for next to free.

I shoot at the AD Sutherland chapter of the Izaak Walton League in Fond du Lac. $45.00 per year membership. Covered huts at 25, 75, and 100 yd ranges.
Club is considering putting up a 200 yd hut.

Where is this range? (How would one get to it from say...Sheboygan?)
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all for the replies.

A few more questions:

Pumpkin Center Range?  Where is this?  I can't find a thing about it.

Does anybody know anything about the Racine County Line Range or the Wisconsin Sportsman's Association in Yorkville?  I've been past both places but I haven't found any info about hours of operation, fees, or rules.

Avalon01:  I've been in Shooter's shop.  Seems like a nice place, I'll have to try the range this winter.  I did a Cowboy shoot at Bristol with some loaner guns.  Had a lot of fun, but I'm kinda put off by the rifle range rules. (single load only!?)

Again, thanks to all for the info.  I do notice that some ranges are being mentioned that are not in the pinned 'Ranges' thread, and don't show up in any internet searches I've tried.  Any more bits of knowledge I can pick up here are much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Pumpkin Center is now known as North Lowell.
For whatever reason, they changed the name of the town.

There is a bar across the road from the range.
It used to be called the Pumkin Center Tap, recently changed ownership. I'll see if I can find the current name of it.

North Lowell is locatred on Hwy "I" a few miles south of the intersection of "I" and "S", and a mile north of intersection "G" and "I".

South east of Beaver Dam and West south west of Juneau.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thank you all for the replies.

A few more questions:

Pumpkin Center Range?  Where is this?  I can't find a thing about it.

Does anybody know anything about the Racine County Line Range or the Wisconsin Sportsman's Association in Yorkville?  I've been past both places but I haven't found any info about hours of operation, fees, or rules.

Avalon01:  I've been in Shooter's shop.  Seems like a nice place, I'll have to try the range this winter.  I did a Cowboy shoot at Bristol with some loaner guns.  Had a lot of fun, but I'm kinda put off by the rifle range rules. (single load only!?)

Again, thanks to all for the info.  I do notice that some ranges are being mentioned that are not in the pinned 'Ranges' thread, and don't show up in any internet searches I've tried.  Any more bits of knowledge I can pick up here are much appreciated.

Racine County Line is a private club. There are at least two of us here that are members there. There are a couple cowboy shoots every year as well as some IDPA and the usual highpower matches. There is also a sniper match every year. As well as the shotgun leagues. I'm working on some stuff with a couple other club members to have shoots for us black rifle fans at least once a month or everyother month. Though right now it's in the early stages. But I'm hoping to have the first one sometime in March or April. But it's a slow process to say the least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top