Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 5:57:06 PM EDT
Most of you know I am in the process of changing job responsibilities within the company I work for.  My simple, low responsibility lifestyle was nice, but unchallenging.  So I took a really large promotion at work, which involved a transfer form Columbus to Dayton.  I went from middle management in Columbus to running the whole city business in Dayton which we are opening, and which just happened this past week, on a limited basis, while our office is built this summer.

We put our house on the market in October so it would be sold by now, when we moved to Dayton in May.  It sold in two days, requiring us to get an apartment in Columbus for the time being.  So we decided to take it slow, not knowing how the new business would take off.  We thought it best to rent an apartment or home east of Springfield so my wife could stay working in Dublin.  Well, no luck renting anything worth living in near Springfield, that's for certain.  After looking at 15 houses for rent, and several apartments, we were on the verge of getting pretty frantic.  So I decided to look into buying a house to get us by.  We looked on the map and found the best location, then went to www.realtor.com to find a home for sale there.  There were exactly 3.  We looked at the one we liked and made an offer. (basically what they asked, with them paying closing costs, but I was desperate and willing to pay all of it at that point)  Trying to close on a house in 2 weeks is a lot of hard work.   So we close on the 23rd, and move in on the 7th of June.

About a year ago we started trying to have kids.  Even taking pills to help get pregnant.  About 6 months ago we decided to hold off for a year or two, with all the chaos of changing our lives around.  So last week, we find out we our having a baby in January.  

I am very happy, But, man, what a twisted course of events.
So I'm not being flakey by missing shoots at swingset's, etc...
I'm just really pressed for time as of late.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on everything
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congrats on everything

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!!

Fatherhood is wonderful, and having a new direction in your career is not a bad thing either.

We'll still be here when you're settled in, and can sneak away from changin diapers for some shootin!

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A big +1 on the Congrats LS!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! Sounds like everything is going really well for you!

No need to explain I know what you're talking since I have 4 kids!

I feel bad because haven't been able to make it to any of the shoots yet!  It's just been really busy epecially with a 6 month old baby!  

Due to my busy work schedule and hectic family life most of the shooting I've been doing has been strictly business to keep up my skills.   I haven't been able to spend a lot time shooting the breeze and hanging out at the range but I'm working on it and hope to meet you guys soon!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Ain't it funny how life works?

Congrats and all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.
I am planning on being at the Memorial day shoot at Millers.
I have to move the next week, then start all the home improvement crap for a few weeks.
Fence, carpet, laminate flooring, paint, replace appliances, landscape etc....
I better enjoy next weekend while I can.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL, you will look back at these days as the easy days.
Wait until your kids outnumber you.  
The third kid is when it gets really interesting.  Two parents
having to have three kids at three different places at the same time.
I don't know how people did it before cell phones.
You aint seen nothin' yet brother.  Get used to it.
There is no such thing as free time anymore, you have
to make time for everything.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]

well, good for you, then    
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome. Isn't it great whenever you're so busy that you can't see straight -- and then something else comes along to get things moving even faster?!??!?

I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top