Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2015 7:57:55 PM EDT
I'm planning a hunting/camping trip the winter with a few buddies of mine. What place, preferably north of I10, is good for hunting/shooting and fishing all in one place? Would this have to be on a WMA?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Off the top of my head, Sherburne WMA would fit that description.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I second Sherburne. But I would not go on opening day. Too crowded. You can camp right near the rifle range on water's edge.
Cannot remember if it is a lottery hunt or not. Might want to check.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Red River can be a good time, lot of company in the woods during deer season. Lot of land to scout and see in Red River/Three Rivers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I second Sherburne. But I would not go on opening day. Too crowded. You can camp right near the rifle range on water's edge.
Cannot remember if it is a lottery hunt or not. Might want to check.
View Quote

There's a second campground a few miles further south on the levee that gets less use.  Also quieter because no gun range.  Heed the advice to avoid the place near opening day.  Bunch of couons in there.  Best deer hunting is the bucks only season after Christmas.  Go during the week and you probably won't see another person.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Indian Creek Rec area located in Woodworth just south of Alexanderia.
Has accomendations from full RV hook ups to primitive camping. Decent bass and sacalait fishing with a shooting range as well as archery range on the complex. Pistol & rifle 7 days a week and 5 stand Thur & Fri afternoons all dal Sat & Sun for $5 per round.  No hunting on the grounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top