Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 3:22:51 PM EDT
I've been a member for a year now and never had this happen to me until today. I had heard other people had problems with attitudes there. Well I took my 19 year old son over today and got his safety test done and waited 30 minutes for a lane to open. First of I went over to the range counter and since I was going to wait for my son to take his test they asked for my pistol that was on my belt. I pulled the mag. out and handed him the gun only to have him tell me not to bring in a loaded gun. I blew it off and said OK my mistake, even though it gripped my nerves. Then while we were shooting my .30.30 an employee asked me if the .45 on my belt was loaded. I said yes. He said I couldn't have two loaded guns in the firing area, so I pulled the mag. out and placed it in my rifle case on the table he then seemed happy.  Ten minutes later the same guy came back and tells me I can't have my gun on my belt in the firing area while I'm shooting my rifle. I took it out of the holster and put it in the rifle case and told him "that's not what you told me ten minutes ago" which my son witnessed. His reply was he never said that. I then told him "OK it's gone". To top it off the lane I was on had no light working on the target and we had to shoot at a dark target in a dark building. On the way out the door a squinty eyes kid behind the counter gave me my license and membership card back and asked me if I had read the rules on it. I told him "yes" and he replied "no these here" pointing at the yellow rules he had highlighted. I told him that's OK because I won't be coming back here any more. He then got a even more stupid look on his face and I walked out. I wasn't shooting two guns at the same time which is what I belive the rule is intended for. That's ok they won't get my money any more.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Davi's has had so much oppurtunity, and just fails the mark everytime.  They are way over priced on alot of items.  Go to Personal handgun and defense, off of tryon rd.  You will never go back to davi's.  The wake county range in holly springs unfortunatley isn't much better.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I really dont know how they stay in business.  They have a 3 second shooting rule,  have CCW classes and sell guns but dont want you have have them in the store.  How can you have a 3 second rule and have CCW class with out breaking the rule.  I keep forgeting they know more than I do so I shold question them.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Davi's has had so much oppurtunity, and just fails the mark everytime.  They are way over priced on alot of items.  Go to Personal handgun and defense, off of tryon rd.  You will never go back to davi's.  The wake county range in holly springs unfortunatley isn't much better.

Whats the deal at the Wake county range?  I havent shot there yet.  Thanks...

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I never understood the reasoning behind the 3 second rule. Any one?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#5]
only thing i know is what i was told concerning the 3 second rule:

-they rent range guns and don't want the wear and tear of repeated rapid fire on their weapons

-they think it keeps the spray and pray crowd under control and the range is less likely to appear to be full of cowboys throwing lead all over the place

-they don't want to offend anyone who considers rapid fire uncouth and might complain - the media might write a story or something

-other than the 1st one listed, the stuff is all BS.   repeated rapid fire is kinda hard when you have to stop and reload the one mag you get with a rental pistol anyway.

anyone else hear of any other reasons?    
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Well i don't rent. I find it hard to slow down sometimes. You kind of get locked in on the center of the target and I find it very hard to stop and count to three.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
ugh, i hate Davi's.  back when they were at their old location, the age was 18 to enter.  ok, i was under 18, so i had to get my dad to go with me all the time.  When i was 19, they had just moved to their new location, and i wanted to go buy a gun.  nothing special, i had 300 dollars to spend, and wanted a nice .22 or shotgun.  I went in there, and was looking at guns for a while.  After about 5 minutes, some jerk came up to me and asked me how old i was.  Thinking i was fine, since i thought the age was 18, i said 19.  He then starts to get all uppity, goin on his gunshop employee power trip.  He was extremely rude and condescending to me, and demanded that i leave immediately.  I told him i wanted to buy a rifle, and voila! he turned into a gentleman, told me his name, and told me to come back with a parent and he would assist me.  YEA RIGHT!  i told him i wasn't going to be coming back anymore, and i never will.  all their crap is overpriced anyway.  $1,200 for a bushmaster postban A2.  haha, no thanks.

edit: i'm not complaining about them following their age rules, i'm complaining about how rude the guy was.  I've been to the store a couple times, and every time my dad and I have been talked down to by some rude employee.  That's why I'll take all my gun purchases in the future elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Davi's didn't give you a list of rules before you were allowed to use their range?  I thought you had to take a little test and read the range rules- perhaps watch a little video?  If they never told you about the rules how can they expect you to follow them?    I won't be going back there either, those guys just have a field day on their customers.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Davi's didn't give you a list of rules before you were allowed to use their range?  I thought you had to take a little test and read the range rules- perhaps watch a little video?  If they never told you about the rules how can they expect you to follow them?    I won't be going back there either, those guys just have a field day on their customers.

Yes, I took the test and saw the rules. The thing is I've been on the range many times shooting a rifle with my .45 on my belt and talked to the employees and never got any greif....until yesterday. One minute if I unloaded it it was ok, then ten minutes late I couldn't weat it at all. Then that squinty eyed punk kid pissed me off with his highlighted marks on my membership card.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes, I took the test and saw the rules. The thing is I've been on the range many times shooting a rifle with my .45 on my belt and talked to the employees and never got any greif....until yesterday. One minute if I unloaded it it was ok, then ten minutes late I couldn't weat it at all. Then that squinty eyed punk kid pissed me off with his highlighted marks on my membership card.

Ah I see.  It might all depend on who is working that day and how much of a Range God they think they are.  Hmm.  I just left their application for range membership right on their counter and walked out after talking to them for a little while.  Just... arrogant.  Hope you can find a better range!  That's crazy about the light being out... It looked dark on the range to me but I figured the window was just tinted.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#11]
A friend went there, told him not to, and they told him the 3 second rule was for insurance policy rules and then was told by another guy it was NRA range rules.  lol whatever, I'll just go to Personal Defense and shoot as fast as I want.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:30:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, it sounds like everyone had the same crappy experience(s) at Davi's. Perhaps an email to the owner is in order with a link to this thread. I bet that gets his attention.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#13]
That joint sucks bad.  Bad attitude, high prices, and the facilities really aren't that nice.  I remember when I took the safety test.....it was a joke.  They leave cheat sheets out on the table in the testing room.  They are off the chart with the prices........I remember looking at the box of USGI M14 magazines they had..........for 100 bucks each and just laughing.  They are pathetic at best........I truly wonder how they stay in business.  

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Personal handgun and defense is definitely the place to go. The people there are always nice.

I've rented their MP-5 a few times.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=34&t=217687&page=1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#16]
There is a member of Usual Suspects Network from Davi's. I will send him a link to this thread just in case he would like to reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top