Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 6:18:23 AM EDT
Hi neighbors! I'm taking the family on vacation to Orange Beach in 2 weeks. Are there any ranges close by?  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
the only close by range i have heard of is an indoor pistol range at THE GOLD MINE pawn shop in daphnee/fairhope. About an hour drive from the beach. Check in with beachboy he lives down there.

mike
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a range just off of I-10 (Wilcox Road exit).  It is the Styx River range.  It is probably closer to Gulf Shores than The Gold Mine range.  Here is their information:

Styx River Shooting Center (Public)
24775 WaterWorld Road
Loxley, AL 36567
(251)960-1173

If I'm not mistaken, it is the next exit after Exit 44 (Loxley/Gulf Shores exit).  I want to say it is Exit 48, but I'm not exactly sure.  But to get there, take I-10 South to the Wilcox Road exit.  Turn left then take the 1st right.  It is about 1/2 mile or so down on the left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top