Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2023 9:33:33 PM EDT
Just moved to Conway from NY. Got to go to my first southern gun range yesterday, think it was just called, the gun store. Coming from NY, it was soo nice to not have to reload every 10 rounds, but they don't let you practice drawing from holster? I think the guy said palmetto state doesn't allow this either?
Being that I can now actually get a concealed carry, I like to be able to train for that. Does anyone know ranges in the northern part of the state that allow you to draw from a holster?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Champion Sportsmans club (formerly Panteao) in Swansea does

Clinton House pistol range

Sawmill on open range days (check site for dates and times)
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
See above. Also, I think that the public has some access to the Georgetown SO range, but double check that.

Now, since you are new, let me help you out. Conway is not “the northern part of the state”, even though it’s at the top. Generally, it’s considered the “eastern” part of the state, or just “the coast.”
“The northern (western) part of the state”, also called the “upstate” generally refers to Oconee, Pickens, Greenville, Spartanburg, and a few others in that general area.
I know. I know. Horry is one of the northernmost counties. But, SC is divided into three geographic regions: “The Coastal Plains”, “The Piedmont”, and the “Blue Ridge” or “Upstate.” The beach isn’t usually referred to as  northern.

Now, I may be reading this wrong. If you mean the people who live there, then yes, Horry is definitely northern.

In any case, welcome.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that info! Took me a while to call it OARy country and not whorey county

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See above. Also, I think that the public has some access to the Georgetown SO range, but double check that.

Now, since you are new, let me help you out. Conway is not “the northern part of the state”, even though it’s at the top. Generally, it’s considered the “eastern” part of the state, or just “the coast.”
“The northern (western) part of the state”, also called the “upstate” generally refers to Oconee, Pickens, Greenville, Spartanburg, and a few others in that general area.
I know. I know. Horry is one of the northernmost counties. But, SC is divided into three geographic regions: “The Coastal Plains”, “The Piedmont”, and the “Blue Ridge” or “Upstate.” The beach isn’t usually referred to as  northern.

Now, I may be reading this wrong. If you mean the people who live there, then yes, Horry is definitely northern.

In any case, welcome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes my back yard seriously welcome.  Born and raised in  Westchester County... escaped to ct for a spell and then finally made the jump down a while back.  Where you from in NY?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes my back yard seriously welcome.  Born and raised in  Westchester County... escaped to ct for a spell and then finally made the jump down a while back.  Where you from in NY?
View Quote

Long Island! Where's your backyard at?
Top Top